Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

Do I need a rooster????? I don't really want to deal with one if I don't have to. I don't think I would ever brood chicks. He sounds like a real headache!! He would probably make a GREAT stew!

Well, yes. He's been attacking me, and he is an egg eater. Also, all of the hens just aren't accepting him.

You do not need a rooster to get eggs. I do not want one, but have 2 cockerels and am kinda attached to one of them. The other one I would gladly grow up and turn into dinner. As the other matures I will see how I feel about him then. Not all roosters are egg eaters and jerks.

I am waiting for my chicks to arrive at the post office today! IT IS AGONIZING!!!! I am SO worried about them!

Mine shipped yesterday and i should have them tomorrow or Saturday! soooo excited can't wait to meet my girls whoo hooo
ya.gif

I have to get chicks for my school project at the end of april and all I can do know is dream about them and do tons of research on chicks. I already have there names picked out Marley, Bobby, Chicklet and Daisy , they are Barred plymouth rocks are those cickens friendly?
jumpy.gif

I have one Barred Rock and she is a doll. She is very laid back and fairly friendly. Good job on the research. You can never have enough knowledge about them. My family probably thought I was weird when I was constantly researching chickens before I got them, but i'm glad I did. I probably researched for a few months at least. It really opened my eyes to certain things, as well as gave me a heads up about things that could happen. I would make sure that you don't limit your research to just one site, or forum. I found that if I combined my info from all different places, that I was able to get a good overall understanding of things. Good luck! I'm starting to get antsy!!! Just got the brooder out to clean it up, seeing as how it has been hanging out in the shed. I've still got about 1 1/2 weeks till my little ones come.
barnie.gif

I got my Modern Game Bantams today...I got to Callahans not long after the babies arrived from the post office, and the girl was still unpacking them. Mine were in a box, marked by variety (I got two each of Blue, Silver Blue, Lemon Blue and Lavender) and they had gotten a beautiful shipment of mixed Oriental bantams and a selection of tophats... SooOooOo I ended up getting what I think is a Sultan, and three Polish. I will post pics once these little guys have a chance to eat, drink, and settle into their new brooder. They are adorable and I am in LOVE!
love.gif

I am doing the chick wait. However, my friend with whom I split the order just could not stand it and got us some TSC chicks!!! Our order comes on April 12th. So, is that chicken math taking over even before I start!?!?!
lau.gif

MY BABIES ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! I will post pics as soon as I settle them in and figure it out, I haven't ever posted a pic on here.......

Back
Top Bottom