Anyone else excited for chick season? Just for fun :)

Is anyone else super excited for chick season? Any particular breeds you're hoping to purchase or hatch?

I have never been so excited for spring and summer in my life (I'm an autumn-loving kind of gal) PURELY because CHICKS!

We're first-time chicken owners (we have eight 7-month-olf Black Australorps we adore), and I cannot wait until it's chick season. Chicken math bit me HARD, and I convinced my husband to let me purchase just 3-4 chicks in the spring. EEEEEEE!!!!

I'm hoping to get Easter Eggers and Speckled Sussex from Mt Healthy Hatchery. My husband would get more Australorps ("I'm an Australorp man" he says, having only owned that breed LOL), but he sees the value in experimenting with some other breeds ....... and also making his wife and son happy :D. I keep researching the breeds to occupy my brain until we can order them.

I can't wait to hear their little peeping noises again and have tiny fluffy butts running around! It might be the last batch of chicks we have for a while, so I want to savor it. Hurry up, spring!
Warmer climates allow chicks almost all year long and I'm always excited about that

Is anyone else super excited for chick season? Any particular breeds you're hoping to purchase or hatch?

I have never been so excited for spring and summer in my life (I'm an autumn-loving kind of gal) PURELY because CHICKS!

We're first-time chicken owners (we have eight 7-month-olf Black Australorps we adore), and I cannot wait until it's chick season. Chicken math bit me HARD, and I convinced my husband to let me purchase just 3-4 chicks in the spring. EEEEEEE!!!!

I'm hoping to get Easter Eggers and Speckled Sussex from Mt Healthy Hatchery. My husband would get more Australorps ("I'm an Australorp man" he says, having only owned that breed LOL), but he sees the value in experimenting with some other breeds ....... and also making his wife and son happy :D. I keep researching the breeds to occupy my brain until we can order them.

I can't wait to hear their little peeping noises again and have tiny fluffy butts running around! It might be the last batch of chicks we have for a while, so I want to savor it. Hurry up, spring!
I am
Im getting a few new breeds and do projects

Chick season is only 3 weeks away when you own an incubator!
30044 (1).jpeg

Unfortunately not if none of your birds are laying hatchable eggs. 😔

Hopefully mine start reasonably soon next year so that I can get to hatching early! :fl

Oh gosh I really shouldn't...

But in all reality, I'll probably end up snagging at least two of the following breeds I've been wanting: Delaware, Easter Egger, Mille Fleur D'Uccle, Orpington, or Buckeye.

Thanks for this thread because it gives us all something to look forward to during the winter. :) I've been going through a difficult time this whole past year, and being with my chickens and reading more about chickens has done a lot to help heal me. They are simply the best.

I mentioned to DH that since our birds are getting older (will 2 and 3 years old this spring), we need to think about getting some chicks next spring. And if we are getting chicks, we need to enlarge the coop.

And he didn't make ANY negative sounds about it at all!
Guess rationalization will conform your DH to your desires. Lol

Back
Top Bottom