Anyone else get their MPC special? **Pics and updates**

Soccer Mom

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
West of Crazy
They're here! 25 adorable EE's! I can't wait to take pics this afternoon when the kids get home from school. I love the fluffy muffs! So cute.

I only have one that seems a bit lethargic. I've given him some sugar water and poly visol. The last time I gave him sugar water, he actually dipped his head and began drinking on his own as soon as he spotted it (instead of me having to dip his beak in it). Hopefully he'll be okay.

I really hated going to work today. I wanted to stay home all day and play with chicks!

Last edited:
Oh how exciting. Can't wait to see pics of 25 EE's in one spot.

Watch for pasty butts tomorrow. I got my 26 Rainbows last Wed and 4 of them had pasty butt Thurs-Friday. (though some of them could have been the same chick since a lot of mine look alike).

ENJOY!!!!

Yay!!
ya.gif
Congrats on your new fluffy EE's!!!!!

Okay, pic time!
big_smile.png
It was hard to get pics, especially in the brooder. My camera didn't like the red light and I'm not patient enough to fiddle with the settings.

DSCN0636.jpg

They look like the standard EE chicks! Lots of chipmunks in various shades:

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

Aren't these the cutest little fat faces you've ever seen? I just love the muffs!

IMG]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/maryrbutler/Chickens/DSCN0658.jpg[/IMG]

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

I'm on cuteness overload!

Oh! I can't believe I forgot the cutest chick! I have one little black girl. She has the faintest bit of a chipmunk pattern, but is so dark that she looks black. DS has already proclaimed her "his" chick and named her Blackberry. Here she is watching TV with Alex.

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

Last edited:
HOW CUTE!!!!

Love the ones in pics 3 & 4.

I'd love to see pics as they mature to see how their coloring changes.

On your lighter ones with muffs, do they have dark feet/legs? I have one I think is an EE based on the muffs, but the legs/feet aren't dark.

Cute chicks. I love Blackberry, I got mine last week and only got to keep 8 of them. My DS picked them out and they are all different colors. I did not get a black one.
hmm.png

They are growing really fast. Gotta take more pics soon as they change fast.

Congrats on your cuties.

Sweet cheeks some of mine have light feet also. But they sure do have those chipmonk cheeks.

Last edited:
My lighter colored chicks all have lighter legs instead of green legs and some of the lighter chicks are bantam sized.

The one puny baby is still sort of puny. He's already had a poopy butt which I cleaned and more sugar water. I hope he perks up.

I think we need new pics of your babies, Whirlwind!

ETA: Here is a full body pic of a light chick showing legs.

DSCN0639.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom