anyone else have silly/funny chicken names?

My roosters are named :
Matthew, Edward, Litchee (a Pekin roo...), Molly, Master (of pullets), Oggy, Kevin, Noe, Oscar, Label, Lady (dutch roo), Maxine.

I named my little incubated baby Juanita. That way I could have just shortened it to Juan, (which I usually call her anyway), if she turned out to be a rooster.

I’ve named my roosters Alpo, Gravy Train and Kibbles.
Katie the nuerotic Shepard says they all taste like chicken. :)
027A90CD-9937-44D5-AB81-A1F394BBFC4C.jpeg

We had a BR named Oreo, and three BRs named Fred (they were all girls, my brothers named them 😂).
The funny thing is, we didn’t know we had three chickens named Fred until one of them died!
My brother named a RIR named General George Patton. Like- wat?? (I shortened it to Patti)
We had three BRs and a RIR named after the raptors in Jurassic World, plus a SS named Dr. Grant, and two chickens named after Rubble and Rocky in Paw Patrol 😭 😂.
We had a Kylo and Wren *wink wink, Star Wars*, Darth Vater, and Chewbacca.
And Uno, a Cinnamon Queen, and Meatloaf, a BO.

Almost all of my chicken names are funny to some extent.
I mostly name them after food.

My girl names are like Rizo, Isbe, etc.

My boy names.. Fluffy, Sweet pea/Chick pea (he got it legally changed) Peep, Vanilla. :)

Last edited:
Most of my chickens have had pretty normal names, except for a few like Eagle Eye :lol:. However, I did have quail called SAB (Small Angry Bird) and Beane. Then there are the pet pigeons Neet Neet and Rubber band.

Last edited:
We have at one time or another had a (chicken) Biscuit, (chicken) Nugget, Sunny (side up), Dixie (chick) and Princess Buttercup. My daughter also wanted to adopt a black and white pair and name the Salt and Pepper. Yes, Salt would have been the black one…

Back
Top Bottom