Anyone else having babies shipped from Meyer Hatchery today?

I just noticed my shipping label was created! No tracking info yet, but I'm SO excited. This is my first time ordering through the mail, so I'm a little nervous, too. I have a blue cochin, a blue splash marans, a golden cuckoo marans, and a jubilee orpington showing up between tomorrow and Thursday. I can't wait!

I, also ordered 4 chicks from Meyer Hatchery and was just as excited. I was a wreck until they arrived. Ordered Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte (largest) , Barnevelder (smallest), Silver Wyandotte and a Speckled Sussex. Liked Meyer Hatchery and they put a little hand warmer in the box with the chicks. Very responsive to questions. Hope you ordered the Vital Pack (vitamins, etc.) for their water. I hope to see your update after you get them.

Got all 10 chicks this morning and everyone was still alive and peeping under the heat light to warm up now. Their coop arrives a little later this afternoon and I will set up their heat plate over the bottom half of their coop so they can start getting used to the space as they grow. The heat pad was still very warm which was good since it was 37 this morning according to my car. I ordered a few extras just to be safe since I wanted to make sure I had enough they would be warm. Looks like they sent me 3 buff orps a RIR rooster chick to add to the boys in the pasture. 2 blue orps one lave and a blue and blue splash cochin.

View attachment 1767728

Okay picture doesn't work I'll try again here lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20190508_062800271[1].jpg
    IMG_20190508_062800271[1].jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190508_062804106[1].jpg
    IMG_20190508_062804106[1].jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190508_063004823_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20190508_063004823_HDR[1].jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 12
Got them all settled in and then the power company shuts the power off for 5 hours. Now they are in the kitchen in a rabbit cage . I highly recommend getting a reptile thermostat for your light. I got one last year and it works amazing for them. Will turn on and shut itself off when the temps either go up or down. Here's a little chick tv for your viewing pleasure.

All good here too.Very lively and bouncy and a great time waster!(too much time spent just watching them lol)
its amazing how quickly they start to feather in,they adapted to the MHP very easily,so happy I chose to go this route :)

Back
Top Bottom