Anyone Else in Love... (coffee related)

Oh Holy Heaven in a cup, YES! I just got one a couple months ago and haven't gone back. I could never get a good small pot of coffee in my old coffee maker. Now it's perfect every time. Multiple times a day.
big_smile.png

I'm so glad you're all discussing French presses! I've always wondered about these. I've always used the old stovetop perculator, which I love because the coffee comes out good and hot and strong, unlike the yucky drip machine coffee. How does French press coffee compare? How long does it sit before you press it, and is it hot, or does it lose a lot of heat sitting there?

I have one, but have had extremely bad luck with it. The brew always turns out too strong. I got the silly thing because I'd heard it was the best. I think I may prefer my coffee less strong. I was given a Keurig, which makes one cup at a time. I love it, but hate the amount of waste it produces. I also read that you need to have the coffee ground a certain way for it to work properly in a french press... I don't have a grinder, so I'd have to go to Starbucks, and that adds up. (even more than buying the k-cups for the Keurig.)

Anyway, I wish I could get the press to give the kind of brew I like. Everyone loves their press so much, I know it's just me being stupid.

hu.gif

I love coffee but I usually get my caffeine fix with Mountain Dew.
tongue.png

We used to have a french press but it broke, the coffee maker we have now always leave grounds in the coffee (yes I'm using a filter
tongue.png
).
sickbyc.gif

Coffee addict here. Morning. afternoon and sometimes at night. Haven't tried the French Press. If it makes a strong cup I'll probably like it. Started ginding my own. Much better that buying already ground coffee. I like the Eight o'clock brand. No decaf please.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom