Anyone else in Molting season?

Kholts

Songster
Feb 11, 2019
Canada
Alas tia the season. Fall seems to be hitting us a little early this year. It has cooled off & there is a slight chill to the Air. Our days are filled with sone overcast & chances of showers.

The ducks must be feeling it as I’m into my 2nd week with only 1 egg a day (5 ducks). My yard is littered with feathers & my ducks are looking dingy & disheveled (not for a lack of water in the pool).

I’m located in Alberta, Canada. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Alas tia the season. Fall seems to be hitting us a little early this year. It has cooled off & there is a slight chill to the Air. Our days are filled with sone overcast & chances of showers.

The ducks must be feeling it as I’m into my 2nd week with only 1 egg a day (5 ducks). My yard is littered with feathers & my ducks are looking dingy & disheveled (not for a lack of water in the pool).

I’m located in Alberta, Canada. Anyone else experiencing the same?
My ducks are molting as well.

Here’s my black Swedish

Attachments

• 9A227CA8-483B-41EE-B9C4-472C2901D466.jpeg
    9A227CA8-483B-41EE-B9C4-472C2901D466.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 14
Good to know I am not the only one.

I did my egg total today for a 14 day period. I lost a couple due to cracking or the dog (he likes eating them). I got 26 good ones. I have 4 ducks so ideally I should have almost double that. So I’d say they are at just over 50% laying capability while molting.

One interesting thing I found was my only Rouen mix hasn’t stopped laying. I’m still getting nearly an egg a day from her. In the picture below hers are the blue/green ones. 11eggs from a 14 day period. Pretty sure I lost a couple of hers to the dog as I seen blue shells on my deck. The other 15 eggs are split between my saxony, blue Swedish & Harlequin. That makes only 5 (perhaps a little more) eggs a duck in 2 weeks!

Pretty sure I’m not missing a nest somewhere but it could be possible.

C5DBBFE2-D3A3-4930-BA10-7F4C4371DCC4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom