Anyone else love the movie Fly Away Home?

Sumatra503

Kozy Orchard Farms
10 Years
Sep 24, 2010
Fly Away Home has always been my favorite movie. I used to watch it every day as a kid and I finally found it again at Good Will for $1.50. I love this movie. For some reason I always cry when i watch it, though.

I LOVE that movie!!!
love.gif
The whole story is so touching (it's based on a true story, BTW), and I also love the music! Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to, whether or not you love geese!

Knowing it was based on a true story I've been trying to apply the same concept to rare birds in need of new nesting grounds and things like that.

Since no Biologist anywhere would allow a person to raise such a rare bird and have it imprint on them. They don't like these birds to imprint on humans at all.

My plan involved an RC plane that was shaped like a bird and made bird sounds. The birds would be raised with a model of the plane that would move a bit and call to them. This way the birds would imprint on what they believe is a bird. Only catch is that the plane would have to fly a long ways each day and would have to fly about a mile away from the person flying it.

I came up with that when I was younger. It's how into the whole thing I was and still am.

Based on William Lishman. He flew a flock of Canada Geese from Ontario to North Carolina in the Easy Rider, his ultra light plane. It looks a lot like the plane Amy's Dad has in the movie. The goose plane is a prototype of his I believe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom