Anyone ever see a black chicken egg? (pic posted now)

Yes, its a Cayuga egg..
i want some Cayugas now!!
love.gif

welcome-byc.gif

ep.gif
Oh my, don't get offensive about everyone wanting pictures - that's how its done around here.
old.gif
They weren't being rude, they were just "egging" you on. We all expect pics of the chicks/eggs and especially when it's something unusual.

Here's fast and easy directions:
Go to uploads at the top of the page
Click on "browse" and find your picture of the egg and click on the picture and then click "open"
then check the box for resizing the image to 320X240 and click on "Submit" The picture will load to your BYC uploads page
The picture will come up and you click to highlight the infor for "image" and right click and click on "copy"
Then on your message you right click again and click on "paste" and there it is!

pop.gif
pop.gif
I'd love to see a picture of a black egg too.
ooops I was slow to post - I see the pic

Last edited:
I've never seen such a thing......that's really neat! When i told my mom I was getting some chickens that lay green or blue eggs, she didn't believe me. Now she really will think i'm nuts. Cool!

Cool I was wondering if I need to do a diffeerent kind of nest box for the ducks. Ok dumb question. What do the rouen eggs look like? I guess how do duck eggs taste. I dont want her selling eggs thought to be chicken & they become duck eggs. lol.

Well how do I incubate duck eggs? lol. My daughter is happy her ducks are laying but now I dont know which are duck eggs & which are chicken eggs. I can move teh ducks to the austorlorp pen but i need to know who is laying what. I guess I will be redoing pens soon. lol

Back
Top Bottom