Anyone ever tried freezing their ducks eggs?

Quote:
Are you still getting eggs kuntry girl?

Egg production has slowed down A LOT. Maybe about 4 eggs a week if that many. That's it. My one and only Welsh Harlequin is still laying every day. When do they stop laying Miss Lydia? I forgot.

My muscovies stopped laying in Oct. and won't start back till April. so next year is when I'll start freezing duck eggs for baking. sure wish i had thought of it earlier.

I crack them open and separate the yolks and whites. I freeze those in their own containers. Great to have on hand when I bake in the winter. Just take them out and defrost!
big_smile.png

I found out a great way to freeze them! Crack them open, seperate the yolk, from the white, and freeze them in ice cube trays! Im gonna try it! Oh, and once they are frozen, put the white cubes in one bag, and yolks in the other! I am gonna try it with the six duck eggs I have now!

Quote:
OH NO not the ones you have in the Bator?..................

gig.gif
no! In the frig! Are you crazy!? Those are baby ducks! I wont eat a baby duck for a million bucks!

Quote:
OH NO not the ones you have in the Bator?..................

gig.gif
no! In the frig! Are you crazy!? Those are baby ducks! I wont eat a baby duck for a million bucks!

I know I was just kidding you.
wink.png
lau.gif

Quote:
gig.gif

I know I was just kidding you.
wink.png
lau.gif

lau.gif
i know!
big_smile.png
going to try now! Will use them next month sometime I guess! I want to save every egg I get for the freezer! I love fryed eggs, but I only eat home fresh eggs, no more store baught for me!
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Egg production has slowed down A LOT. Maybe about 4 eggs a week if that many. That's it. My one and only Welsh Harlequin is still laying every day. When do they stop laying Miss Lydia? I forgot.

My muscovies stopped laying in Oct. and won't start back till April. so next year is when I'll start freezing duck eggs for baking. sure wish i had thought of it earlier.

I think this is the month they will stop.
hit.gif

And so many people are wanting duck eggs but I can't supply them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom