Anyone have a favorite treat for new chicks?

Good advice thanks! Ya, I will for sure at least wait till they are over a week old to give them treats! I just talked to the breeder and she said if one turns out to be a rooster she would gladly exchange it and keep AND NOT EAT the rooster if that happened. Still would be a bummer as I am so attached but at least if it did happen I know it would go to a good home! Thanks for all your tips lol I have a treat sheet now of fun things they will enjoy thanks to all of you

Yep - What a few weeks then maybe ...
wink.png

mine go crazy for plain oats, (like quaker rolled oats at the grocery store) and they are easy for them to digest. They will eat them right out of your hand once they get a taste of them. I always give them to new chicks, it warms them right up to me - even the skittish ones.

My chickens love oatmeal and sour cream mixed together it is an all out war when I fed it to them. I have 10 new babies a week old today and I haven't started treats yet scrambled eggs sounds like a good choice. I did put a tree branch in the brooder today and it caused much interest. I have one little Cochin that already gives a great stink eye!

Lol Whimsy hahaha I have a lil chick named Kanute that is mighty good at the stink eye as well! I will try oatmeal for sure and I have carrots in my garden so carrot tops will be a great organic treat! Thanks guys in a few days I will try them out and post pics lol
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom