Anyone have any Anaconda chickens?

MountainFarmPeeps

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
The Woods of NH
...and if you do have Anacondas....do they eat your other chickens? Just asking before I buy this guys chickens off of Craigslist!
lol.png
He also has Sexlings...in case anyone is interested!

Seriously though, the "sexlings" I get, I didn't always know exactly what sex linked chickens were or how you say it....but Anaconda chickens?? I mean, that doesn't even sound KIND OF right!

lau.gif

I just got 3 Anocona chicks, 2 of which turned out to be roosters. They are only 5 weeks old and are picking on the other they came with. One even try's crowing already. They say they are flighty and try to avoid human contact but are a great layer of a white egg. I'd do my homework on the breeds so you don't get ones you wish you didn't

I'd doubt highly that he means Ancona as there are only a few people in my area who sell them and they are all more knowledgeable types. I actually just recently had to make a choice between Ancona and White Dorking chicks...I chose Dorking because I'm into meat birds, but I would love some Ancona at some point. *sigh*

I just think it's hilarious when people say "Anaconda Chickens for sale"...I see it constantly on CL. It automatically makes me think of giant half snake, half chicken creatures with voracious appetites and bad tempers...but I'd bet money he meant Araucana!

...and if you do have Anacondas....do they eat your other chickens? Just asking before I buy this guys chickens off of Craigslist!
lol.png
He also has Sexlings...in case anyone is interested!

Seriously though, the "sexlings" I get, I didn't always know exactly what sex linked chickens were or how you say it....but Anaconda chickens?? I mean, that doesn't even sound KIND OF right!

lau.gif
I have anacondas and they do not eat other chickens

Back
Top Bottom