Anyone have any fox or racoon detterring methods?

Abriana

Spicy Sugar Cookie
6 Years
Apr 26, 2017
The moon
Lots of foxes racoons where i live and i was wondering if there was something (plant maybe?) that i could have around that they like to stay away from? I haven't had any problems yet but a hawk, but i saw a fox last week and a dead raccoon by the side of the road. Very nervous. I have an electric fence which i heard has turned back black bears, but i'm still concerned. Any advice?

I've read that having string lights or walkway lights around the coop help for night time but during the day making sure there's a foot of fencing either in the ground or facing out along the ground with stones or bricks along the the fence helps because it discourages digging or pulling up the fence.

I actually have 5ft tall chicken wire that has garden staples holding it and a 3ft goat fence together on the ground with stones from various projects surrounding it. But that's only because I have two dogs who'd very much like to munch on my birds. They can't get in.

I have a collie who is about eighteen weeks, but he is inside until he grows bigger and then he will be inside a fence most of the time during the day. I just thought that maybe a plant would keep them away like marigolds keep away deer. Thanks!

I can tell you every concoction they say to use on the garden didn't work.. only the dog and an electric fence has worked
Thats a relief, I have never had a fox or raccoon attack chickens so i wasn't super sure about the fence.

I've read that having string lights or walkway lights around the coop help for night time but during the day making sure there's a foot of fencing either in the ground or facing out along the ground with stones or bricks along the the fence helps because it discourages digging or pulling up the fence.
Great ideas.

Back
Top Bottom