Anyone have eggs they'd be willing to donate for cost of shipping?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jossanne, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I'm feeling bad for this relatively new BYC member who got what they thought were SLW eggs (supposedly from another BYC member). They've posted pics of the chicks, and they're all a bunch of mixes, and not at all what he/she thought they'd be.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2380278#p2380278

I don't have any pure eggs, and my fertility's not great right now with 1 bantam roo and 25 full-size girls, or I'd send some their direction. So I wondered if we could help out with pure SLW or some other nice, calm variety of chickens that they'd like...

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    all I have are BO x RIR mix -mostly BO's-but I can do 6-8 of them I can send them tomorrow-shipping total is 6.50$ if you want to pay it in my paypal I can mail them tomorrow? I have 7 in the bator hatching out as we speak and 14 under broody ahtching out this weekend-Ive been hatching them out since april!

3. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I was thinking of offering the person the opportunity to get the eggs himself/herself when they're ready to fire up the bator. I haven't communicated with the person, and don't even know if they'd want it, but I thought they might like it if someone offered. Their first try for eggs on here didn't turn out very good...

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:should I PM them? or go to their post and do it that way?

5. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Probably posting it on their post would work just fine. You're really kind to offer! Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: