Anyone have good luck buying/modifying a prefab or some other structure? (Seattle area)

I would consider that more of a custom build then a prefab. By prefab I’m referring mostly to the off the shelves versions sold online and by farm stores.
Gotcha. I would agree with you under that definition. I started shopping enclosures and coops at the farm store. I quickly found out their stuff would barely satisfy minimum requirements. That’s when I ordered my coop to be delivered pre-made and put up my own fence (until I can get it done by a professional).
Customs are lovely if you can find the right person/team to make them.
Definitely. I count myself lucky to have found them.

Any recommendations on finding a builder? Mostly I'm worried about controlling the design for good predator proofing and ventilation.
my wife found our builder on facebook. he and his wife own a farm about a mile from our house and he has a contracting business on the side.

id search contractors and make sure they understand the importance of predator proofing. personally, i like using thumbtack to find people.

Gotcha. I would agree with you under that definition. I started shopping enclosures and coops at the farm store. I quickly found out their stuff would barely satisfy minimum requirements. That’s when I ordered my coop to be delivered pre-made and put up my own fence (until I can get it done by a professional).

Definitely. I count myself lucky to have found them.
What coop did you end up getting?

Back
Top Bottom