Anyone have their CCW license?

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
My DH and I are going to sign up for a CCW class this fall or winter (I have to take a beginner's class first...it's been quite a few years since I've shot a gun.
wink.png
). We're doing it as something fun to do together and because we made the decision that we want to be proactive about our personal safety. We'd like to have a gun in our home or with us if we travel somewhere that could be dangerous, but want to be trained and licensed to use it, too.

Does anyone else have a CCW license or want to get one?

(This thread is not intended to become a pro- vs. anti-gun debate... Please, only positive comments about CCW here).

I don't but DW and I plan on getting ours soon. I usually have a gun with me when I work out of town anyway. I have a feeling those who want them should hurry before things change too much.

What kind of gun are you planning on carrying? One word of advice when you get one is to practice shooting it and do it often.

Quote:
I believe my husband said something about a .22; some sort of pistol. I'm a big gun newbie; I've been around hunting and guns all my life but it's been mostly a male activity in our family. I know gun safety backwards and forwards, but don't know a lot of the terms or how to use one except how to pull the trigger. My DH plans to change that.
smile.png

Quote:
I believe my husband said something about a .22; some sort of pistol. I'm a big gun newbie; I've been around hunting and guns all my life but it's been mostly a male activity in our family. I know gun safety backwards and forwards, but don't know a lot of the terms or how to use one except how to pull the trigger. My DH plans to change that.
smile.png

I'm glad to see that you are learning. I had to learn too because I didn't grow up around guns. Now DW and I take turns buying them. Unfortunately it's her turn...:|

DH has his CCW. I have the paperwork all filled out for mine, but I am not confident enough in my skills to carry yet so I have not submitted it (plus I have toddlers on my person nearly all the time and definitely don't feel good about carrying when I am with them).

So I am on hold until I can get a LOT more range time in.

Back
Top Bottom