Anyone have their CCW license?

Quote:
I hear ya there! Guns belong in the hands of law abiding citizens. We can protect our families instantly instead of having to hope 9-1-1 works and having to hope that help gets there before the bad guy shoots.

I'm planning on getting mine before the end of the year (and before things may change to make it nearly impossible to get one). DH is law enforcement and carries his everywhere, at all times.

I know both his duty and off duty weapons and gun safety. He laughs when I hit the range target every time, both moving and stationary, but somehow miss the chest area and hit either the head or groin every time!

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!

It's cool that so many people on here are into this.
smile.png

I've got mine.

Up here if you have one you don't have to under go any further checks when buying a firearm. So I can pick out, purchase and take home within 15 minutes anything I want except a class 3 (fully automatic) that can take several months.

Quote:
Concealed Carry Weapon, and CCL is Concealed Carry License.

I have a resident CCL for NH, and a non-res for MA.

My 21-year-old daughter just asked me if she could get hers. I had to wipe a tear from my eye. Told her if she passed a couple courses at the Sig Academy near here, I'd buy her a Kahr P9. *sniff*

In the summer I carry a Kahr P9 strong-hand-side-outside-the-belt and/or a Kahr PM9 in an ankle holster. In the winter and in my collateral job I carry an H&K USPC40.

Gratuitous gun and puppy pic:

IMG_1243.jpg

Quote:
Concealed Carry Weapon, and CCL is Concealed Carry License.

I have a resident CCL for NH, and a non-res for MA.

My 21-year-old daughter just asked me if she could get hers. I had to wipe a tear from my eye. Told her if she passed a couple courses at the Sig Academy near here, I'd buy her a Kahr P9. *sniff*

In the summer I carry a Kahr P9 strong-hand-side-outside-the-belt and/or a Kahr PM9 in an ankle holster. In the winter and in my collateral job I carry an H&K USPC40.

Gratuitous gun and puppy pic:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/Oblio13/IMG_1243.jpg

Nice Oblio. Very nice.

Oblio - my husband calls his H&K - Hank.

I have a Ruger .45.

We can also carry open in the State of Va. without need of a permit. We have the permits because depending on where we might be going I prefer them to be concealed.

Quote:
I think it's the best defensive handgun there is, even though it's a little on the large side for concealing.

I shoot mine a lot. I'm determined to wear it out. I shake up Walmart clerks on a regular basis:

Me: "Do you have any Winchester White Box forty cal?"

Them: "Yes, how much do you want?"

Me: "All of it."

Them: "Um... we have 17 boxes."

Me: "Good."

Them: "Ah... um... I'll have to talk to my, uh, manager. Is this for a, ah, pistol?"

Me: "Yep. Ask him if there's any more in the back."

Back
Top Bottom