Anyone have their CCW license?

Quote:
I think it's the best defensive handgun there is, even though it's a little on the large side for concealing.

I shoot mine a lot. I'm determined to wear it out. I shake up Walmart clerks on a regular basis:

Me: "Do you have any Winchester White Box forty cal?"

Them: "Yes, how much do you want?"

Me: "All of it."

Them: "Um... we have 17 boxes."

Me: "Good."

Them: "Ah... um... I'll have to talk to my, uh, manager. Is this for a, ah, pistol?"

Me: "Yep. Ask him if there's any more in the back."

gig.gif

Hahaha! Most time here when you ask for things the young guy with no experience at all and only charged with running the register gives you a blank stare.

I don't yet, hubby does though. I will be taking the class at some point probably when my youngest goes into Kinderg. All 5 of our boys know how to shoot as well and the three oldest take turns going to the gun club with Dad. From the time they were actually babies they have been taught to stay behind anyone who is holding a gun, always believe and treat a gun to be loaded and don't touch a gun unless mom or dad say ok and are with you! Even our 4 year old is on his way to being a marksman!

Hubby and I are licensed to carry in the three states we spend the most time in - and have reciprocal privileges in 17 others (I think). We're careful to have what we need to legally carry in any state we're in.

Springfield XD 45 Compact in a C-TAC IWB holster.

Biggest thing with a permit is to practice practice practice. Practice drawing, clearing malfunctions, reloading, rapid shooting, long range shooting, cleaning, reholstering... Get very proficient.

Luckily, nobody bats an eye where I live if you buy a lot of ammunition. They just put it in more bags
tongue.png

Washington is an 'open carry' state, but most people don't know that so the local PD usually gets called when someone open carrys. The pistol license here is a CPP (Concealed Pistol Permit) and both the DW and I have ours. I typically carry a Walther PPK/S, my wife a Taurus .38Spl revolver.
cool.png

About 10 years ago, I had a .40 pistol stolen from my home. This past Spring, I got a postcard from the Sheriff's property department telling me that my pistol had been recovered. It was in good shape, except for one thing... it was seriously shot-out. In other words, the barrel was practically worn smooth by the gang-banger that had it. :eek:

Lesson here is that the bad guys are usually a really good shot because they practice shooting a lot.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom