Anyone Haveing Late Hatching eggs???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ravana, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ravana

Ravana New Egg

Apr 20, 2012
    I have a First time O.E. Game Bantam that is setting and has been setting since 3/14. 3 eggs hatched on day 24 1 on day 30 all died.. 1 on day 32 and it is still alive ..3 days old now. I dont understand why... any ideas.?? is anyone else having Long hatching times?? Thanks

2. Rescuedrvr4u

Rescuedrvr4u Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2011
    yes...I'm sorry nobody has answered you, I never get any replies on this site. Can't tell you why this happened, but I'm having the same problem if you read my last post. Good luck with your remaining chick.

3. Ravana

Ravana New Egg

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks .. I think it has to do with Fukushima...Nothing grew right last year... to fast or to slow. I just added 3 eggs today. she seems ok to just do what she is doing... she started setting like 5 = weeks ago...

4. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    I have had poor hatch rates and 3 or 4 hatch with yolks still attached. I just figure it is my incubator or hatcher.not sure how much radiation has made it to the east coast.

5. Missymac

Missymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    I am having hatching problems too. Just the opposite. My last 5 eggs hatched between 19-20 days and still had the yolk sacs attached, I lost all of them:(

6. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    Late hatches usually happen because of low temps. I've never hatched with a broody, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could the eggs somehow be too cool? Is it cold where you are, or maybe drafty where the bird is? Could it be that she's letting them cool off at different points in the day, or leaving them for long periods? Just some of my thoughts. Someone with more experience might have a better idea.

7. foul man

foul man New Egg

Aug 17, 2016
    Waycross ga
    I had problems with my eggs hatching. I had the incubator set at 99.5. No eggs would peep on the day they were supposed to hatch. I remembered the last batch I hatched were really strong and hatch a lil early, but I had the temperature set to 101. So I raised the temperature and within a few hours I've got about 30 peeps. Temperature was to low. Hope this helps. No matter what you read do what you know works. I put m8ne at 99.5 bc everyone told me to and it wasn't the right temp.

8. foul man

foul man New Egg

Aug 17, 2016
    Waycross ga

9. foul man

foul man New Egg

Aug 17, 2016
    Waycross ga
    Did you help them out. What was the temperature set to if it was way to high this happens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by