Anyone heard of Triple Duty - for layers and chicks?

OHMYCHICKIES

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
My farm supply sell Triple Duty and they said they can be giving to chicks that are feathered out and layers. That would solve my feeding problem but wanted to make sure it was okay.

Anyone know about this feed?

Never heard of it, but I'll try an opinion anyway. I'm kind of a feed guy, sort of. The calcium level for layers is very high, plus a lot of smaller differences. You will comprimise performance on one or both, chicks and layers, but that may not be important enough to you to justify keeping more than one kind of feed. In all probabability your birds will do O.K.. Especially if they have access to grass and bugs and such. That's my 2 cents worth. Tim:/

This feed is suppose to not have calcium, so I'll supplement with oyster shells. They will all be free range.

we also had this dilema. we had chicks in the coop with our 4 older girls and the chicks wanted to eat the layer feed and the hens loved the chick feed
barnie.gif
what to do?
check out our other thread when I asked a similar question
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=176276

we aren't using the brand you are, just the Dumor starter/grower 20% and supplementing calcium for the hens. it is working out just fine, they are all happy and full.

Back
Top Bottom