Anyone heard of Triple Duty - for layers and chicks?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by OHMYCHICKIES, May 14, 2009.

1. OHMYCHICKIES

OHMYCHICKIES Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    My farm supply sell Triple Duty and they said they can be giving to chicks that are feathered out and layers. That would solve my feeding problem but wanted to make sure it was okay.

Anyone know about this feed?

2. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    anyone?

3. pondguy2004

pondguy2004 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    Never heard of it, but I'll try an opinion anyway. I'm kind of a feed guy, sort of. The calcium level for layers is very high, plus a lot of smaller differences. You will comprimise performance on one or both, chicks and layers, but that may not be important enough to you to justify keeping more than one kind of feed. In all probabability your birds will do O.K.. Especially if they have access to grass and bugs and such. That's my 2 cents worth. Tim:/

4. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    This feed is suppose to not have calcium, so I'll supplement with oyster shells. They will all be free range.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is similar to people feeding Flock Raiser by Purina to the entire group or Game Bird Grower, then supplementing with calcium. What is the protein level in the Triple Duty?

6. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    not sure but my friend told me it was high in protein.

7. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    we also had this dilema. we had chicks in the coop with our 4 older girls and the chicks wanted to eat the layer feed and the hens loved the chick feed [​IMG] what to do?
    check out our other thread when I asked a similar question
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=176276

we aren't using the brand you are, just the Dumor starter/grower 20% and supplementing calcium for the hens. it is working out just fine, they are all happy and full.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by