Anyone here have Fibromyalgia?

Believe it or not, I love my doctor but with him not believing fibromyalgia, I would love to get a second opinion which my Medicare said I would have to have a written note of referral or they wont pay. If anyone press a point in my scatic nerve and glutus muscles in buttock, boy, do I go down with PAIN! My arms hurt, and lower legs and constant headaches and migraines. Been taking blood pressure meds, and cholestrol meds along with Nasonex and Claritin...well those things help but not with the muscle pain.

I quit taking Celebrex after a month after my doc said to keep taking it when I get headaches and upset stomach and jittery and mind "floats". Nasty side effects and didnt like it even after a month....still had some muscle pain but makes me sleep alot and need to be alert for my four year old daughter. Even with Bufferin with caffeine is awful .... never again!

This all started after I experienced complications after my C section where my daughter going down the birth canal bothered my scatic nerve and never quite recovered from it. Even with the epidural I had, it did not stop the pain down the leg and lower back at all. Tail bone hurts like crazy....tons of tests MRIs, and xrays revealed NO fractures or pinched nerves. Went thru PT for six months helped some but never got rid of the headaches and scatic nerve pain....then all is lost when they said there is no more to be done with me because of my Medicaid and Medicare plans came into effect. Live with the pain, as they said. And even my own doctor wont give me referral...if I got a mind to do so, I would go to a rheum doc and have him diagnose the problem if it IS or IS NOT fibromyalgia.

Changes of weather and temps and fronts moving in really hits me hard and as well as over excursion duties even like a littel coop cleaning would knock me out by evening and be sore for a good few days. Popping asprins and Aleve would be a bit much. Heat does help however you can not use it for too long....

I've also lived with fibro and an Immunodeficiency disease for 20 plus years.

I learned by lots of trail and error that medical doctors could not help me. They just wanted to prescrip drugs to cover up the symptoms. When I started my own research I found that Homeopathy and Natural alternatives helped me incredibly.

I gave up all "white" foods - sugar, cows milk, flour, etc. That alone helped enormously. If you seriously cut all that out of your diet (it's hard) you will feel a difference. If you need sugar use 'Stevia' or honey. Goats milk is fine and whole wheat is fine if you aren't allergic. Changing your diet will have a 100% positive affect on your body. You may need to do other things also.

I found a great chiropractor that believes in finding the root cause of the pain and healing that. One of the biggest causes of many peoples pain is a straight backbone in the neck! Our necks are meant to have a gentle curve and many people's do not. You cannot tell that without x-rays.

I highly suggest you all find a qualified chiropractor that also works with your diet and exercise and see if that helps. I would venture a guess that everyone would feel much better than they do now.

And ... keep those chickens around ... they really are good for us!

I had a C section too and when its going to rain I feel pain right at the spot where the epidural went in, and another lady also gets it so its not only I that feels this.
I wonder if anyone with Fibro has also had C sections?
I wonder if the epidurals actually cause problems for us further down the track!

I got a good book from the Arthritis Foundation, called living with Fibromyalgia. I thought it was very good and really helped me understand what was going on. I have other health problems, but reading the book helped me to see what was Fibro, related. I was amazed.

I guess to be diagnosed with it, you have to be sensitive in something like 11 of the 18 pressure points. I can't remember the actual numbers. I am, and didn't even know I was. I go to the chiropractor fairly often, and that helps relieve some of the pain. Mostly the headaches.

I do take Celebrex too, but it makes my feet swell. I prefer Dicolfinac. I'm out of my prescription so I'm using up the rest of my Celebrex since I don't have insurance to cover it. I also take Tramadol, up to 6 a day, and a muscle relaxer at night. Helps me sleep. Of course they've had a lot of success with Anti-depressants with Fibro too. I take Effexor XR, But they say Cymbalta is supposed to be better. I'm just afraid of the withdrawal and then going on another one. It's kinda hard to take.

I have the Migrains 3 days a month too. Thanks for the Mag. tip. I'm going to go get some.

Oh yeah Celebrex did make my feet swell...thanks for the side effects I forgot to list.

Tramadol is BAD for me, had a bad rash and allergic to it. No more of that stuff LOL.

I thought I read in the paper that no one ever know what causes Fibro....some says its all in the head and some said its chemical imbalance and there are NO tests for fibro yet.....

Achy I feel today, feeling blaaaaaaaah! Wet and cold outside today!

I take Cymbalta and it helps. If you try to get off of the Effexor do it VERY slowly, the side effects of withdrawls are horrible.

I take a muscle relaxer at night also.

I work with a lady who thinks she is going to do all this research and heal me. Everyday she comes in my office asking me questions and I say yep tried it. I guess people think we just take the diagnoses and hide our head in the sand. I lived with it for 10 yrs before it was diagnosed. I had Mononulieousis at 24 and it's like I never got over it. My Rheum says a lot of the time it is started with a viral infection. My Internal Med Dr who first diagnosed me with it says it's a secondary problem. A lot of the time something else is going on in the body which causes it.

I missed again today from work and my Rheum put me back on a steriod pack. I told them it felt like someone put me in the drier and shrunk my muscles.

jackie

I have had Epiderals before and after my Fibro and I know that didnt cause it. but My older sister has it and my younger sister just got diagnosed recently too they say it can be genatic i believe that now with all 3 of us having it! I dont know if it come from my mom since she died young( 52) from lymphoma cancer.Or my Bio dad since I dont know anything about him and he dont want anything to do with any of us so thats no help either! Im up in the middle of the night back and neck are screaming for mercy!raining cats and dogs chickens perhaps too lol;) supposed to stop and be kinda nice rest of the weekend I hope so! ever notice that when its hot and dry you feel like a million and can do all kinds of stuff and feel not too bad but when its like this you cant stand the pain?

I have a friend who has had fibromyalgia for over 27 years. Most doctors were absolutely clueless about it and most people were incredibly insensitive. Do to her inability to move around much, she gained a lot of weight and that was all most people saw. They thought she was lazy.
She cried when she finally gave in to a wheelchair. Even though it gave her more mobility. What 30-something year old with a 10 year old child wants to be in a wheelchair. She had once been a ballet dancer.
Since she couldn't hold down a job, she was able to(after a long battle) get SSI. She was lucky in that she found a supportive doctor.
When her daughter was about 17 she started getting the same symptons. It was devastating, since she was a very talented pianist and had to give up playing the piano.

There is a lot more information out there now. My friend as well as her daughter (who is now 28) are managing fairly well. I think it helps them a lot that they have supportive friends.
We know that there are days that they cannot get out of bed. That their homes might not be very clean, and that they may have to cancel a lunch date with no notice.
So we take their cat to the vet, help unpack after a move, make extra for dinner and bring it to them and don't stay for a long visit when they just want to rest.

Wishes of good health to you who have to live with this miserable disease, I sure hope that someone figures out a cure real soon.
hugs.gif

My husband suffered for years with pain. He had thyroid tests as well as other tests that came back fine. They couldn't find anything wrong with him. The doctors said Fibro. When his mother was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (an inherited autoimmune thyroid disorder), he was retested and discovered to have it. His thyroid levels fluctuate and are worse sometimes and better others. His brother also recently found out he has it too. Once they finally found out what was causing his problems and got him on the correct treatment, he has gotten much better. It may well be that Fibro is a "catch-all" for several different disorders that aren't easily diagnosed, but the pain is most certainly real.

Back
Top Bottom