Anyone interested in getting a buying club started in Northeast Ohio

sunnyllama

Songster
12 Years
Jan 16, 2011
Northeast Ohio
Okay, I am not sure what the chances of this are but my biggest dilemma since I began raising chickens has been the feeding situation. I am a die-hard organic feeder and have been buying by the bag at my local feed store. They, however, only stock a small amount of the feed and as my flock has grown I am realizing that not only is it getting super expensive to buy it by the bag but often times they dont have enough for me
sad.png
. I have been toying with the idea of mixing my own for some time now and have not gone any further than that mainly due to lack of information and price since in order to buy the grains at an affordable price, I would need to buy in bulk which may be way too much for just me.

Many on the web say to start a buying club with other local farmers in your area which I would totally be on board with. Problem being that I am the only chicken farmer I know of near me...so I put this out to you all, my only chicken friends.
highfive.gif

If any of you are in Northeast Ohio and would like to get something like this going, send a post and we can see what we come up with. I dont have a concrete plan at all, so I am certainly open to suggestions about where to buy from and what to buy. This may be a nice affordable way to supply some organic feed at an affordable price, though!

Also, has anyone else done this before and how did it work for you?
Thoughts?

I think it is a great idea. I hope somebody will join you in the effort. If I had birds now, I totally would join even though I'm a couple hours away. Maybe you could also add this to the "Where am I, where are you" Ohio thread, so some local folks can see it?

Good luck, I hope it works out!!

Back
Top Bottom