Anyone purchased Welsummer roos from Ideal? What was the quality?

jmsim93

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 29, 2009
East Texas
Seems like not many people have Welsummers?? Do any of you have any from Ideal? Wanting a Welsummer or EE roo. I will probably go with Ideal since I've used them in the past and have been happy but I would like to see any or hear your comments. Thanks! :-D

From what I hear birds from hatcheries are regular quality birds.. if your looking for something show worthy you would have better luck here with the people who sell chicks/hatching eggs.

smile.png

i did order welsummer's from ideal the hens were great but the rooster looked nothing like i thought he should have, so i culled him. here are a pic of one of my hens

44960_imag0008.jpg

It depends on what you want in a roo.....if you want a better quality, there are a few Welsummer breeders in BYC, Yahoo sites and Facebook. There are MANY people that have Welsummers LOL! you just gotta know where to find them LOL!

If you want quality Welsummers you can get them from Estes Hatchery. They bought the flock from Calicowoods who had some of the best Welsummers in the country. I've gotten my from Estes and the birds are ideal in color and form and the eggs are beautiful.

These are my two Welsummers from Ideal. They are 8 months old and have been laying for a week or so now. Their eggs are a pretty terracotta color like the one on the top of the pile in Opa's post. I am happy with them!

Wendy
10683_screenhunter_02_sep_20_1521.jpg

Willow
10683_screenhunter_11_sep_20_1522.jpg

They have put on some weight since these pics were taken in the Summer and are nice fat, fluffy birds now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom