anyone seen The Day the Earth Stood Still yet?

Not going to see it, I like the original one, and I don't want to spoil that.

Ninja - I didn't even know there was a book first! Thank you, I'll check out that author!

I'm going to have to check out the book!

The movie was ok, but I hated the ending. Some movies just stick with me after I see them (For lack of a better explanation), and this one did not. I'll probably watch it again when it comes to video.

DH and I think the ending is all about a sequel.
roll.png

Isn't Keanu Reeves the perfect casting for the role of a wooden, stoney alien? The most enthusiasm he's ever shown for a role was in "Bill & ted's Excellent Adventure".

I was going to see it but I heard it has gotten bad reviews. The original was such a classic. I am a died in the wool B sci fi freak and I will never forgive Hollywood for ruining the remakes of War of the Worlds and Planet of the Apes. Todays movies may have better graphic but the original The Day the Earth Stood Still will always be a classic! Go rent the original.

Quote:
Don't expect the novella to be ANYTHING like either of the movies--it isn't. Much more subtle, cerebral, psychological. I just finished this collection of Harry Bates' short fiction, and I really enjoyed it. Similar themes, science run amok, etc. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom