Anyone sick of winter?

Tomorrow's wind chills are predicted to be around -20 F with snow and ice:th. The only signs of spring so far is the cardinals singing their spring song and that my ducks are slowly turning black from all the mud digging.

They all look like this currently.

View attachment 2024594
"Not my Picture"
Not too bad! - All feather from my White Layers have a slight yellow/brownish color by now and even eggcessive baths won't remove that stain. - The other ducks - just don't ask… 🤣

Same here, currently not raining but its forecasted to start in the afternoon - again! Then Friday some frost.
The drainage ditches i dug out last fall turned out to be too small and were overflowing, so the tomato patch is a compilation of dead grass, duck compost and mud now where even the ducks get stuck. You're turning into rain forest, we're about to become the new bogland…

Guns and Roses did their epic ballad, November Rain. The "cold November rain" ain't got squat on February rain, which is what we have today. Snow is at least pretty (though ice sucks). Thunderstorms are kind of cool, like God is spending some of His FX budget. This... not so such. Just a cold, gray, miserable steady soaking of all and sundry stupid or unfortunate enough to be outside in it. Like I just was.

I haven’t tried a heated hose, in fact I didn’t know that they exist! I’m also water lugger-er. My favorite thing to do is to trip and spill the water all over myself right before leaving for work. I’m darn good at that! :he
Oh my gosh. I thought I was the only one on earth spilling water over my nice office slacks every morning so I could schlepp water buckets to my ducks' kiddie pool now that the hose is frozen in winter. Happy to hear it goes with the territory.

I likely won't go the heated hose route, since I don't mind the workout.

At least it's been pretty mild here in Chicago so far. No proposterous polar vortices like last year.

We never really had a winter. One two day freeze before the new year, one "snowy" night last week. Some nights get down to 40 degrees, but the days are cool, and in some cases warm. We have had a lot of water, which will be nice once summer sets in.

Back
Top Bottom