Anyone Used This Game Camera?

Here is one I bought and it takes very good pictures, unfortunately not available.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10WVL7/?tag=backy-20

I don't know about this camera. One bad review but the purchaser has not contacted the seller so I don't know if it was a bad camera they got since they didn't ask to exchange it. Great price though. For the price you pay it might be worth a shot. I have 3 cameras like it but unfortunately they are no longer available (the link above). The biggest drawback is that they take the tiny micro SD card. No cards came with my cameras even though they advertised SD card included.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N62MSMT/?tag=backy-20

We use a lot of game cameras to track deer for hunting. We mainly use the Moultrie A25 or A30 which ever we can find on sale. They are very good without all the expensive features. My daughter bought some cheap trail cameras and they will white out night pictures if there is other stuff to reflect the IR around the camera. Sometimes you can't even tell what it you are looking at.

I personally would buy this one myself. We also run a WP box and extension cord to them and run them off a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery for 9 months straight. Recharge the battery every year.

Buy yourself an extra SD card to just swap them out each time you check it.

I have spare SD cards for my cameras. I check them every morning. I take out the card and put in a newly formatted card every day. I do have a viewer I can carry around to check the cards on but I collect them and put them on my computer. I use rechargeable batteries. Surprisingly even though I do video the batteries last quite awhile. If you are taking pictures the batteries last even longer. I turn the cameras off during the day and when I collect eggs in the evening I turn them on. I do have some cameras I leave on 24/7 but they work on AC.

Rechargeable batteries don't work well on many game cameras unless you buy the expensive lithium ion AA batteries. They have a lower voltage at 1.2v where standards have 1.5v. So 8 1.2v volt batteries try and run the camera on 9.6v, where as, 8 1.5v batteries run the camera on 12v. It might run, but will die as soon a voltage dips at all. I have tried it.

This is what I use for an external 12v battery power supply on the moultries as they have a power port in the bottom.

My rechargeable batteries have been working fine. I have power ports on the bottom of my cameras too. The batteries may cost more initially but in the end so worth it. I don't change the batteries that often and have a spare set. When the batteries are low the cameras say "Low Batteries".

Rechargeable batteries don't work well on many game cameras unless you buy the expensive lithium ion AA batteries. They have a lower voltage at 1.2v where standards have 1.5v. So 8 1.2v volt batteries try and run the camera on 9.6v, where as, 8 1.5v batteries run the camera on 12v. It might run, but will die as soon a voltage dips at all. I have tried it.

This is what I use for an external 12v battery power supply on the moultries as they have a power port in the bottom.

My Stealth Cams stop operating when voltage drops to 10.72, 1.34 per battery.
I've never tried rechargeable batteries.
I used to buy lithium batteries, but now I buy store branded alkaline and they last at least half as long as lithium.
I stock up when the store has a buy one get one free. So it's cheaper to use alkaline.
I check cameras at least weekly. Recently I've been checking daily because a Fox tried digging into my Chickens pen.
If you leave your cameras out for weeks without checking, lithium batteries or a 6 or 12 volt battery (depending on brand) is the way to go.
My newest cheap camera runs on 4 or 8 batteries or a 6 volt external battery.
I put in 8 batteries for longer life. I've had it less than a month so I don't know the minimal voltage when it stops working. GC

I just bought this camera. It is exactly like some of my more expensive cameras only marketed under a different name. The only drawback it it takes the tiny micro SD card but takes very good nighttime picture when the predators are roaming here. Don't know how long it will be available since every time I post a good deal it usually becomes unavailable.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGMQRWP/?tag=backy-20

We use a lot of game cameras to track deer for hunting. We mainly use the Moultrie A25 or A30 which ever we can find on sale. They are very good without all the expensive features. My daughter bought some cheap trail cameras and they will white out night pictures if there is other stuff to reflect the IR around the camera. Sometimes you can't even tell what it you are looking at.

I personally would buy this one myself. We also run a WP box and extension cord to them and run them off a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery for 9 months straight. Recharge the battery every year.

Buy yourself an extra SD card to just swap them out each time you check it.

I looked on the site you said you would "buy this one".
There were several:
1) A-25i Game Camera (2018) $65.96
2) S-50i Game Camera (2017) $89.13
Which one were you talking about?
Are these compatible with a computer?
What is a Moultrie Mobile?
Thanks, Karen

Back
Top Bottom