Anyone want to hatch with me? - Went in 01/16/14.

Thank you. Still can't believe we did that. Opened the last egg and have no idea what went wrong. The chick is perfect. Air cell looked text book on this one too. Not shrink wrapped, Yolk was fully absorbed also. I wish there was some kind of sign as to what went wrong so we could fix it next time.

Lock down last night for 30 or so eggs, 9 Black Copper Marans, 2 Silkies, and the rest barn yard. No pips yet.

The three hatchlings, barn yard, from last week are doing well.

Do I just put the new chicks in the brooder with the ones that are a week older? Also what about the 2 Silkies? Will they be ok with Marans and a barn yard mix of Buff Orpington and Black Jersey Giants roo? I am scared they'll be trampled or pecked on.

Anna are you trying to make a chicken you can ride?
wink.png

Thank you. Still can't believe we did that. Opened the last egg and have no idea what went wrong. The chick is perfect. Air cell looked text book on this one too. Not shrink wrapped, Yolk was fully absorbed also. I wish there was some kind of sign as to what went wrong so we could fix it next time. 

I have read that when that happens it's either suffocated. Or drowned with to high humidity or plain was too weak to pip. Nothing you can do specially with all those other healthy ones hatched. Unfortunately as a friend recently said we can't save them all as much as our nature try's too

Back
Top Bottom