Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

I don't drink much soda (maybe 1/2 a 20 oz... twice a week), don't really like candy, cake, cookies or other 'junk' don't eat chips, dips, sauces, dressings, or anything... so I have a hard time finding things to cut-out. I'm not planning to STARVE myself, because I know that's dumb, and usually rebounds anyway, but honestly, if I'm eating less than I usually do, i'll be starvin', and grumpy...

How about we share healthy recipes that actually taste good?
tongue.png

I quit drinking soda (and that was all I used to drink
hide.gif
) and lost a grand total of 0lbs. My husband is one of those guys that just 'notices' he dropped 20lbs once in a while.

I'm in too!!! I'm in Weight watchers and would share recipes tips etc. Actually there is a post not that long ago that I posted a recipe for merainge cookies that use a lot of eggs, are GREAT tasting, and have virtutally no fat or sugar (i used splenda bc my dad is diabetic).
I started the 9th of December and with the holidays I gained some of the 6 pounds back I lost, but I also relost from my "holiday binge" the 3 lbs I had regained so REALLY I lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks. Loading up on veggies is definetly a must. Controling (or even just being aware of portion sizes) helps, and cutting out DRINKING your calories is a huge help. I just started excersizing this week to try to get back on track after the holiday and that seems to help it go faster too. I roller skate with DS for excersise and do my elliptical while watching TV.
yay! Let do this!I want to be 145 by my 26th birthday the end of feb (that's 9 pounds from now on 1-1-10 weighing in at 154, 5'2" : I wont be able to weigh in tmrw due to working all day), and hope to eventually hit 125-130. Ideal weight. Those are my goals. Let do this chicks! LOL

ETA weight/ht/goals since I Wont be able to tmrw

Last edited:
If you don't eat junk food you might not be getting enough to eat. I found that if I don't eat enough I actually gain weight. My body goes into starvation mode after 3 days. So, the less I eat, the more my body thinks it is going to starve and my metabulism shuts down. If I pay attention to the type and amount of food I eat, I can loose weight. I'm in for the group. I need to lose another 40 lbs. Shall we start this tomorrow? Weigh-in in the morning, as a base line and then every Sat we can post the amount we lost.

I am in too. I need to lose about 60..was just lookin at the weight watchers site. Mine is all about portion control, cookin at home(limit eating out
hit.gif
) and just plain making healthier food choices. We can do this
hugs.gif

I have a bad tendency to snack at night, either a HUGE bowl of popcorn with butter (the butter makes it taste SO good though!!!), or a bowl (or two...) of cereal... but it's healthy cereal, like wheat chex, or grape nuts.. nothing like froot loops or anything... but I know the calories add up because I weigh a lot, and it hasn't changed for like a year...

THis is like me sitting and watching Biggest Loser while munching on Pizza, except I'm reading BYC eating peanut butter balls
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau:gig Seriously I need to lose about 60 but I like eating too much.

I'm in on the weight loss thing! I want to lose 40# by June 8th when I turn the dreaded 50!
tongue.gif
My biggest detractor is the restaurant where I waitress! I can drink all the free pop I want (huge popaholic) and eat all the yummy leftovers in the break room, plus they make the most awesome broasted chicken! I think I've gained 40 pounds since I started working here 5 years ago! I totally lack self-control!
hit.gif

So is everyone who is doing this going to post their weight on January 2nd on this thread and we will check in/weigh in every Saturday and as often as possible act as cheerleaders/counselors/cookbooks?? I so totally need to be held accountable if I am going to be successful at this!

Go BYC 2010 weight loss club!!
ya.gif

After 3 kids gaining 40-50 lbs EACH time (I am 5'1" so that is ALOT) I lost more weight and weighed less than I ever have since EARLY high school by walking/jogging. Yes, portions and what you eat are important but, wogging (can't run too far, tough to breathe
tongue.png
) really took the weight off of me. I aimed for 4 - 5 days per week of at least 30 -45 mins per day. It works. Good way to stay healthy without too much stress on the joints. I gained back almost 30 lbs in the past year due to stress and my own pure laziness. Back on the road to jeans that are comfortable again!

to add: ISABROWNMOM I'm in!

148 lbs on 1/1/10

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom