Apple trees

SomeChickinTN

Songster
Nov 19, 2018
E TN
I bought a red and yellow delicious a few months ago, and I didn't read properly, and didn't realize they needed to be within 50 feet of each other when I planted them. I think they ended up at about 52 to 54 feet....Is that still ok?

Trish1974

Araucana enthusiast
5 Years
Mar 16, 2016
North Central IN
My Coop
My Coop
I would think so. Hopefully the bees won't be so lazy they can't fly a few extra feet ;)! Congrats on your trees! I have Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, Honeycrisp and Mutsu (aka Crispen).

SomeChickinTN

Songster
Nov 19, 2018
E TN
I would think so. Hopefully the bees won't be so lazy they can't fly a few extra feet ;)! Congrats on your trees! I have Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, Honeycrisp and Mutsu (aka Crispen).

Thanks. I'm hoping to plant peach trees too, and a garden, and flowers that will hopefully attract bees. So hopefully that will help them get around the yard.

Trish1974

Araucana enthusiast
5 Years
Mar 16, 2016
North Central IN
My Coop
My Coop
I have peach trees as well. Two Contender and a Red Haven. And my garden... well it has been 50' x 60', but this was the second year in a row it got away from me. I will be cutting it and half and using the other half for grazing for the chickens. Good luck with your garden and fruit trees!

WthrLady

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jul 24, 2014
WestOak, Nebraska
You should be ok, but it's really pushing it. (I have a whole orchard.) Bees usually figure it out, especially if you manage something in between to keep the buzzers moving like a little floral area and a water source with stones in it for them to perch and drink from.

Top Bottom