April 2017 chicks, who will lay first contest...

Pics
Here she is: Buttercup!
IMG_7510.JPG

This picture makes her look a bit like a cockerel as she is craning her neck and she's not quite as filled out as the big girls...
IMG_7504.JPG
Here she is right next to "her" rooster (named Westley - who watches out for her); the cockerel was her brooder mate, same hatch date. He is now bigger than my brahma hens!

Here she is: Buttercup!
View attachment 1116928
This picture makes her look a bit like a cockerel as she is craning her neck and she's not quite as filled out as the big girls...
View attachment 1116927 Here she is right next to "her" rooster (named Westley - who watches out for her); the cockerel was her brooder mate, same hatch date. He is now bigger than my brahma hens!

Our beloved winner!!!!! Buttercup, we adore you:) :celebrate:wee:yesss:

Gary

We're driving 2 hours north today to view the eclipse...So I won't be able to see the chickens' reaction, here there will be 95% of Sun covered and I'll bet they go in to roost. But my DH wants to see 100% so the girls are on their own to lay or not. First tho, there's time for a breakfast of tiny eggs....
I drove 30mins south to get totality & it was totally worth it!! I missed my girls' reaction but when I got back, they were acting like nothing happened = no eggs. Freeloaders! :tongue

That's a big egg, Magnolia...I can't wait till my leghorns lay!!!
0/6 for me today. We did make it up to the totality zone, it was raining...but miraculously the clouds parted just in time for the eclipse...
People on the "chickens and the eclipse" thread report mostly that their birds did nothing, some had various reactions, it's interesting to read, if you get a chance....

Back
Top Bottom