April 2017 chicks, who will lay first contest...

Pics
Well the leghorn didn't leave an egg in the Royal Suite, but she didn't lay one at all. So still hope for the new accommodation.
1/6 today, the little Sebright left us yet another tiny egg in her milk crate nest.

OMG I have my first egg tonight. I'm so excited.
Screenshot_20170901-211825.png

IMG_5014.JPG
Stella laid for the 3rd day in a row. Lulu laid her first egg! It looks like she may be a blue layer. Although when I found it the shell was shriveled and very thin and she was eating the white part of the egg-the yolk was nowhere to be found. She laid it in the middle of the run. My guess is it broke open after she laid it-or they stepped on it- and then they decided to clean up the mess. Hopefully the next one will be better-I already have oyster shell out for them. We now have 3/6 chickens laying!

As a newbie, I've been excitedly following and reading this thread. Picked up my 3 girls April 19th. So they hit the 18 week mark last Wednesday. My BR has been more vocal and crabby for almost a week and started squatting to touch 4 days ago. I notice she seems to want more snuggles despite all the mouthing off, and she's usually the most skittish of the 3. RIR is starting to get more vocal now too. The baby Brahma, who happens to have also outgrown her "older" sisters shows no signs, unless eating to keep the fluffiest butt title counts.

Ok I am 90% certain my Golden Laced Wyandotte just laid two eggs. I have 5/7 who are laying so far and 3 had already laid this morning, I went home at lunch Goldie was in the next box, no eggs in the roll out tray and had already collected 3 eggs. 30 minutes later before I left I checked again and there were two warm eggs in the roll out area and they are identical in color and size, and they are her egg color they are all a little different I can tell so far. At first I thought all 5 who are laying had laid today then when I got inside and compared them I realized they were identical. The only other brown egg layer who had not laid is my barred rock who lays bigger and darker eggs. IF Roxanne (BR) lays today then its proof positive because the only non-layers are the Americauna and EE

Just the other day I commented on this thread I did not think it could happen.

I stand corrected

Gary

Back
Top Bottom