April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Third ducky is out, looks like one more has pipped! I might snag the other two eggs to candle while it is still humid enough in there to avoid shrink wrapping.
20200408_190927.jpg

Pic of my cute little OE from Sky Girl Farms. So in love.

On another note, I recently put my 3 EE pullets that are almost at the point of laying in with my Ameraucana Cockerel. Well...i don’t know what I was thinking. I assumed they would lay green, not blue like my Ameraucanas!! And then I thought maybe I’d be okay and be able to tell them apart at point of hatch, but it sounds like that isn’t the case. Ugh. He’s blue, and they are all reddish and hatched with chipmunk pattern. I’m trying to figure out if they will hatch BBS or have some kind of clue that they are the EEs. If not, I need to figure out which EE is laying blue and pull her out. Luckily one is laying green. Just so annoyed I went through the whole hassle of doing the introductions without it crossing my mind that this might be an issue. For now I can tell the eggs apart since the pullet egg is smaller but that’s going to change!

Edited for spelling.
A451074F-3978-40BC-BB02-7D4F61D631C2.jpeg

I set my egg on April 2nd! 34 chicken eggs! Hoping for a better hatch rate than last time. :fl
Last time only 4 or 5 made it to lockdown and only 1 successfully hatched. 1 internally piped but that was it. The other 2 or 3 looked great but never piped internally or anything.
I know I will still have fertility issues with the eggs from the large coop because I have 1 rooster trying to cover 19 hens. Some of those hens don't care to be covered by him. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom