April 2022 hatch-a-long (non-Easter, and Easter welcome)

Pics
Safe & sound 😍. I’m pretty sure it’s yellow but will have to wait til she’s fluffed.

0A0BC3F5-D628-4819-99AC-77AF7F784BE1.jpeg

Here is a pic of the chicks this morning, they are in the southern 1/2 of this big box. I have second hand place mats under foot, I toss when dirty. Screen separates late bloomer chick. Eventually I will combine birds, and take away screen.
77q.PNG

14 here, and 4 more cuckoo maran eggs in incubator to hatch next Mon. (from store, but local eggs.)

I’m finally trying out the old Dickey’s cabinet incubator I got over a year ago. So far it’s been pretty smooth except something is off with the auto turner timer so I’ve been running it manually 3 x a day. I’ll try and sort that out after these eggs are done. I started with 82 eggs in there and I’m down to 75 on lockdown. I pulled seven early on that were mostly clears and then 2 came out at the end. One was a pullet egg that quit and one had a smashed spot which I’m guessing I did when I candled last week (oops).

Hatch day is April 10/11 (I set them kinda late at night)

I put some of the eggs from my daughters flock to hatch in smaller incubators to keep them separate and also just insurance so in case something goes afoul hatching in this thing it won’t be a total loss.

Attachments

• F937F3F2-2849-425A-ABFB-F29DC492AE1A.jpeg
    F937F3F2-2849-425A-ABFB-F29DC492AE1A.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom