April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Well, I'm depressed now. 24 hours without power. Ran out of propane during the night.

I wrapped the incubator in multiple blankets, plus sweaters and my winter coat, and closed the door to the bathroom where it was (thankfully the smallest room in the trailer). But, that's still 24 hours without it running.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and won't disturb the eggs until they've warmed up and I can candle them, but I've braced myself for the worst. :(
Oh, I'm so sorry. 😢 I've no experience with that but maybe they will be ok? 🤞

Well, I'm depressed now. 24 hours without power. Ran out of propane during the night.

I wrapped the incubator in multiple blankets, plus sweaters and my winter coat, and closed the door to the bathroom where it was (thankfully the smallest room in the trailer). But, that's still 24 hours without it running.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and won't disturb the eggs until they've warmed up and I can candle them, but I've braced myself for the worst. :(
Oh I’m so sorry!! That’s just so depressing 😢 I hope you are able to keep a few of them going at least! 😩

Electric heater pad or blanket?
Hot water bottles?
Take them somewhere you can plug in or get heat somehow?

Electric heater pad or blanket?
Hot water bottles?
Take them somewhere you can plug in or get heat somehow?
Power is back now, but I'm really scared I lost the whole lot.

There was nowhere for me to bring them. My daughter in the closest town (45 minutes away) also had no power, or else I would have brought them over there.

Not sure what ive missed, havent been updating or keeping in check- Anything interesting happening with y'all?
Currently my broodys have 5, 6, and 6 that are alive. The one with 6 actually had all 6 eggs chirping, and only one had made it to the pipping stage and is actually unzipping, it said that it wants out haha.
Originally, I had 4 hens on chicken eggs but if you saw my other post, two hens were given turkey eggs, but one wasn't accepting the eggs, so i gave her back her orginal eggs. But one still has turkey eggs that are developing nicely.
The 4 hens originally had 5, 5, 5 and 6. We lost 3 from one hen (she had 5; The one who has the turkey eggs) And the remaining two are under another hen who Currently has 6 ( not the one who has some hatching right now ) All the other eggs are doing fine.
Sorry if that was confusing I tried to explain the best I could.

Back
Top Bottom