April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I originally put 17 duck eggs and 3 goose eggs in the incubator just to test out the fertility rate as they are my first year ducks and geese on March 31

Then 3 days later someone gave me a dozen of Plymouth barred rock eggs 😂😂
And I have lots of duck eggs left I can't eat fast enough and I was feeling guilty of collecting goose eggs for a few days
Then I decided to just throw a few duck and goose eggs plus a few chicken eggs in 6 days into the process 😂😂 I noticed the room I kept eggs in got really warm on some sunny days I got so I wasn't sure how good those eggs are

I sneaked a look of some duck eggs and they all look really good and 1goose egg is definitely growing 1 not sure and 1 looks like blood ring ( one of the reason I threw in more goose eggs )

Now I'm debating if I should mist the eggs as most of them are waterfowl eggs
My plan is to leave the Bator cover open for a few mins and spray and close

Anyone stack hatching here ?
What do you do with humidity at " lockdown" I know stack hatchers don't do lockdown but I'm still learning about it and not quite understand the process

Attachments

• PXL_20230402_135553131.jpg
    PXL_20230402_135553131.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230402_135553131.jpg
    PXL_20230402_135553131.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230408_045720881.jpg
    PXL_20230408_045720881.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 0
Yes, unfortunately (because only really bad things make the news). I don't watch the news but my husband told me because I had been telling him about your eggs and he wondered if it was the same storm. I think some people died.
Yes, it was fairly widespread. Nothing compared to last year's wind storm we had (no power for a week!). There are still people in my general area without power, and I wouldn't be surprised that anyone died. Trees fallen all over the place! And this wasn't an overly severe storm either, imo...

OMG, went to glance at the eggs in lockdown and ONE IS WOBBLING!!!

I have LOTS of babies! Need to get them moved to the brooder to make room for the few eggs that are pipped and haven't hatched. Think I have 3 inside left to pip (sure hope they make it!!!!!) and have to check the 2 I gave my broody. I am about 12 hrs into day 20.

Exactly, it is just normal counting!

I'm always confused by the confusion, although I think it's because it's the way it's commonly phrased that they hatch "on day 21" instead of "after 21 days", which would be more clear I think.
I have to think of it like birthdays. When a baby is born, it is zero, until it has been alive one month. Then after a month you count 1. I do it every single time I set eggs! 😂

went to peek under my broody to check the 2 eggs I gave her (she is a first time broody and has been great for 3 weeks but still not sure how she would be with chicks so want to check). so I lift her up and literally out pushed a baby from the shell. LOL and the other was zipping. quickly put her back down. haahaaa

Back
Top Bottom