April Egg Swap....Partners pending

Ok, ok. I am working on it already
gig.gif
I was gone all day yesterday and with a house full of kids and dh home today, well lets just say things are running a bit slow.

Quote:
That is what it stands for here also
big_smile.png

DH: dear husband, darling husband, dumb husband....only you know what it actually means, lol!!!

ep.gif
OMG You are not going to believe this....

hmm.png
welll

roll.png
then again you just might
smile.png

We have kept the day ranging ducks and chickens in We have 6 very large predator birds flying and sitting in our Pine trees just 50feet from our coop. Well there has been a hen pacing like crazy the corner by the pen door.

As soon as Noah goes to feed and water them again this evening that hen darts out, she goes right to our old central air unit.

This is why we have not gotten many straight Cuckoo Marans eggs this last couple of weeks.

12535_p1040113.jpg

12535_p1040114.jpg

So Dh and I got the pet carrier put it in the duck/chicken shed with fresh straw in it. Then we rounded the hen back in and gathered all the eggs.

12535_p1040115.jpg

So here she is getting the eggs in order.
love.gif

Question Can I mark these eggs with something other than a pencil and not harm the developing chick? I wish to remove any new ones, so Anyone have suggestions???

Thanks

big_smile.png
Karan

Quote:
WOOHOO go mama chicken!! You can mark the eggs with a crayon or a pen. I wouldn't use anything that smells real strong. I alway's use a crayon and make sure that I make the mark dark enough so that it want wear off.

Back
Top Bottom