April Fools 2015 - Announcement - BYC Staff / Moderator Term Limits & Retirement

Let's set up a GoFundMe to send the retiring ones to the Bahamas!
thumbsup.gif

Can't say enough about how much I appreciate all the hard work these Moderators have done . I wish you all the best in your retirement from BYC, hope we still see you all around on the threads though. No running off to Tahiti I hope
wink.png
Although you all deserve a wonderful vacation after having to put up with all of us.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your wonderful services for the community. I will especially miss @Happy Chooks who has been phenomenal with the Hatch-A-Longs!

I strongly disagree with this policy. Here's why:

When the BYC moderators are sworn in, as I understand it, they are taught to put their moral compass above all else. They feel a deep need to protect, and forcing them to stop will likely cause debilitating psychological issues.

With new moderator slots open, half the community will immediately pretend to be nice in order to grab said positions, so they may fulfill their power-hungry daydreams. Nobody wants that, other than those of questionable moral character!

I won't know who to PM when I want to complain about the website or my chickens' habits. Trying to figure out who the new mods are will really confuse me!
hmm.png

The new mods will get a "moderator" signature under their name. You can always complain to me if you need. The new mods will have to pass tough standards to be considered. It will not be an easy job to replace the retired mods with new ones. There are so many things to consider.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom