APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

Twelve out so far!

This is the longest hatch ever for me! It's driving me nuts...they were due on Wednesday but they didn't actually start to hatch until Thursday and I still have chicks hatching! I had a couple hatch while I was at work and two more new pips this evening! I'm going to have to think about the temp in the incubator...it must be on the low side...All seem pretty healthy. One had an unhealed naval at hatch but now that he's fluffed up I can't tell which one it is. Since there are still more hatching I'm leaving the twelve that are out of the shell in the hatcher for now. I'll move everyone out tomorrow and check for the unhealed naval then. Hopefully it will have healed up on it's own?

DD

Twelve out so far!

This is the longest hatch ever for me!  It's driving me nuts...they were due on Wednesday but they didn't actually start to hatch until Thursday and I still have chicks hatching!  I had a couple hatch while I was at work and two more new pips this evening!  I'm going to have to think about the temp in the incubator...it must be on the low side...All seem pretty healthy.  One had an unhealed naval at hatch but now that he's fluffed up I can't tell which one it is.  Since there are still more hatching I'm leaving the twelve that are out of the shell in the hatcher for now.  I'll move everyone out tomorrow and check for the unhealed naval then.  Hopefully it will have healed up on it's own?

DD
I think it will have :)
Mine are taking forever too, it's going on over two days.

I had an accident, oh god I feel sick.

I went into the spare room (where we keep the incubator) and tripped and knocked the incubator. It made a massive wobble and I heard a crack... One egg cracked and started to leak badly. I scooped it straight up and put it in the sink in a panic. By this point the egg was in half now. I looked into the sink to see this tiny tiny fetus chick thing, I looked closer and it's heart was beating. I feel terrible and i've lost my lunch.
hit.gif

I did think they would of been more developed by 10 days though. I got a photo to show how far through growth it had got. I've imgur'd the picture so people didn't have to look at it.

http://imgur.com/rKFydD5
that sort of thing has happen to many of us!! I'm sorry I know how it hurts
hugs.gif

I will have a staggered hatch as well...... Our hens loving to lay eggs on top of each other....... Actually the hen who is broody hatched a year ago. The momma hen had a very close friend who would lay her egg on top of her well. We finally marked them and took out the ones that she had layed that day. The hen who is brooding now, hatched about a week after the first chick did. It was a funny sight to see a hen laying an egg on top of each other the one growling at the other........

Sorry you had to decipher my cell phone entry before i corrected it. I PROMISE i wasnt drunk or on drugs..neither are my addiction Sugar and chickens are!My fingers are twice as wide as the keys on my cell and i make. ...as you can see..lots of mistakes.and was

just waking up with the night before horror on my mind. a terrible thing to be responsible for.
Now i wonder why im quoting heidsgran in every quote to someone else. hum...This cell is weird

Quote: I need you to pm me your shipping

I had an accident, oh god I feel sick.

I went into the spare room (where we keep the incubator) and tripped and knocked the incubator. It made a massive wobble and I heard a crack... One egg cracked and started to leak badly. I scooped it straight up and put it in the sink in a panic. By this point the egg was in half now. I looked into the sink to see this tiny tiny fetus chick thing, I looked closer and it's heart was beating. I feel terrible and i've lost my lunch. :hit

I did think they would of been more developed by 10 days though. I got a photo to show how far through growth it had got. I've imgur'd the picture so people didn't have to look at it.

http://imgur.com/rKFydD5
oh, also...I dropped my tablet on a BCM egg and it was probably ten or twelve days along and still growing. So sad :(

I think it will have
smile.png

Mine are taking forever too, it's going on over two days.
Mine just started this morning, day 24. I know mine are due to low temperatures. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Two are out and resting in a separate container in the brooder. One is thinking about coming out, one died in the shell after being the first to pip, two more are pecking and the other seven? No action as of now.
hmm.png

Welp, day 21 here. Three happy and healthy chicks under a broody. My lockdown box failed me and shrink wrapped another dozen. By the time I got to them they were all dead. Eggtopsies showed 1 that should've hatched but didn't and a dozen shrink wrapped babies. I am so depressed now

12 d'Uccle mille fleurs in lockdown with an expected hatch of Easter Sunday. 15 Ameraucana/Araucana bantam and 4 d'Uccle crosses in for an April 30 hatch. (and there might also be 7 more d'Uccles for Cinco de Mayo HAL in there too
roll.png
I just can't seem to leave empty slots in the turner when it's candle day and I pull clears and lockdown others. Back to back to back to back hatches this spring! I guess that's what happens when your first test hatch fails, your second test hatch is a gigantic success and you sell all of them before they are 2 weeks old - you get chick fever!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom