APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

Had a really horrible thing happen last night to a little silky born 3 or 4 days ago. it had bad feet.I moved him from the others 3 days ago as they picked on him with his shoes on well he got so spoiled thought i was his mom peeped so loud for me to hold him quieted when i picked him up...and wanted to be cuddled in my hand like under a broodys feathers..then he was happy.Would even put his head out between my fingers like they do with mos feathers .Last night he was screaming and i picked him up put him on my lap in my hand while on my pc...Next thing i know hes cuddling to my lap under my tummy .He like to bury his head when sleeping long short not sure but think i leaned over and it was too tight on his face and it smothered him.I was so upset! He may have died on his own but was looking pretty spry as usual peeping as liudly.I was just so terrirbly upset

Last edited:
Had a realky horrible thjbg gapoen ladt nifhr to a little siljy i gad wuth vad feet.I moved him fron the others 3 fdays ago as they pucked on him. well he got so spouled tbought i was his mom peeped so loud for ne to hold him and wanted to be cuddled in my hand like under a broodys feayhers..then he was happy.Eould even pio his head out between my fingers.Ladt night he eas screaming and i picked him jp put him on ny kap in my hand while on my pc...Next thing i know hes cuddlibg to ny kap ynder ny tumny .He luke to bury his head when sleeping long dhort not sure but think i leaned over and it was too tight on his face and it smothetex him.I was so upset! He may have died on his own but was looking pfstty spry as usual peepung as liudly.I was just so terrirbly upset
well it's kind of hard to completely understand what you wrote but I got that something very sad happened!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Had a really horrible thing happen last night to a little silky born 3 or 4 days ago. it had bad feet.I moved him from the others 3 days ago as they picked on him with his shoes on well he got so spoiled thought i was his mom peeped so loud for me to hold him quieted when i picked him up...and wanted to be cuddled in my hand like under a broodys feathers..then he was happy.Would even put his head out between my fingers like they do with mos feathers .Last night he was screaming and i picked him up put him on my lap in my hand while on my pc...Next thing i know hes cuddling to my lap under my tummy .He like to bury his head when sleeping long short not sure but think i leaned over and it was too tight on his face and it smothered him.I was so upset! He may have died on his own but was looking pretty spry as usual peeping as liudly.I was just so terrirbly upset

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometime things happened.
hugs.gif

I just waited until they fluffed up....for some it was just a couple of hours, others took longer (not sure why). We also had #7 when we woke up this morning! Another brown leghorn!

I had an accident, oh god I feel sick.

I went into the spare room (where we keep the incubator) and tripped and knocked the incubator. It made a massive wobble and I heard a crack... One egg cracked and started to leak badly. I scooped it straight up and put it in the sink in a panic. By this point the egg was in half now. I looked into the sink to see this tiny tiny fetus chick thing, I looked closer and it's heart was beating. I feel terrible and i've lost my lunch.
hit.gif

I did think they would of been more developed by 10 days though. I got a photo to show how far through growth it had got. I've imgur'd the picture so people didn't have to look at it.

http://imgur.com/rKFydD5

I had an accident, oh god I feel sick.

I went into the spare room (where we keep the incubator) and tripped and knocked the incubator. It made a massive wobble and I heard a crack... One egg cracked and started to leak badly. I scooped it straight up and put it in the sink in a panic. By this point the egg was in half now. I looked into the sink to see this tiny tiny fetus chick thing, I looked closer and it's heart was beating. I feel terrible and i've lost my lunch.
hit.gif

I did think they would of been more developed by 10 days though. I got a photo to show how far through growth it had got. I've imgur'd the picture so people didn't have to look at it.

http://imgur.com/rKFydD5

I'm sorry to hear that
hugs.gif
Just to make sure all the other eggs are okay, I would suggest you examine and/or candled the other eggs to make sure there aren't any small cracks present.

I'm sorry to hear that
hugs.gif
Just to make sure all the other eggs are okay, I would suggest you examine and/or candled the other eggs to make sure there aren't any small cracks present.
I'm doing that right now. So far so good.

It's a shame cause the one that broke was one that I couldn't see through the shell so I had no idea it was growing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom