April Hatch Along

Pics
Ughhhhh you all are driving me crazyyy. I need more eggs in the incubator
lau.gif

Congrats to all who have had successful hatches in the past few days!

Nutridrench! Straight from the dropper, followed by clean water.

I just sent DH to get some at Tractor Supply. It's almost as if she's having seizures. She will chirp, open her eyes for a second or two, then throw her head back, causing her whole body to fall back, and then she can't right herself and cries loudly. I have her on the couch in a heating pad tent. I've given her several droppers of the higher strength sav-a-chick and now she seems to be sleeping more normally - i keep checking to make sure she's still breathing.

Ahhhh! All these adorable chicks are killing me. 15 more days until mine hatch. Can. Not. Wait!

Orrpeople, I really hope your little chick makes it. It sounds like you're doing everything you can. Good luck!

I went to a chicken event today and came home with 4 chicks. 3 Svart Hona and 1 CCL. So excited to have them. Tides me over until mine hatch. The CCL will help with genetic diversity in my flock, the Svarts are for fun.

I just sent DH to get some at Tractor Supply. It's almost as if she's having seizures. She will chirp, open her eyes for a second or two, then throw her head back, causing her whole body to fall back, and then she can't right herself and cries loudly. I have her on the couch in a heating pad tent. I've given her several droppers of the higher strength sav-a-chick and now she seems to be sleeping more normally - i keep checking to make sure she's still breathing.

Look up stargazing. That's what it sounds like she is doing.

Ahhhh! All these adorable chicks are killing me. 15 more days until mine hatch. Can. Not. Wait!

Orrpeople, I really hope your little chick makes it. It sounds like you're doing everything you can. Good luck!

I went to a chicken event today and came home with 4 chicks. 3 Svart Hona and 1 CCL. So excited to have them. Tides me over until mine hatch. The CCL will help with genetic diversity in my flock, the Svarts are for fun.

Where's the pics?? :D

Look up stargazing. That's what it sounds like she is doing.

Every single hatch I learn something new... From my very first hatch with a malpo with a slipped tendon, to most recently with scissor beak, and now this time stargazing.... maybe I could put in my order to stop all the learning????

Every single hatch I learn something new... From my very first hatch with a malpo with a slipped tendon, to most recently with scissor beak, and now this time stargazing.... maybe I could put in my order to stop all the learning????

Slipped tendon is the worst, if ya ask me :(

Huh, Stargazing is a disorder I associate with snakes (which I also raise). Interesting!

I had one that was slight, and one that was pretty bad. Nutridrench fixed them both up, along with a little neck stroking, and babying. I've read that alot never recover though.

I didn't know snakes did it. What does it entail in snakes?

Last edited:
Slipped tendon is the worst, if ya ask me :(
I had one that was slight, and one that was pretty bad. Nutridrench fixed them both up, along with a little neck stroking, and babying. I've read that alot never recover though.

I didn't know snakes did it. What does it entail in snakes?

Hmmm, snakes... you got me there!!
But what I really want to say is, Guess who is running around the brooder????!!!
Oh wv - thank you so much for the help! We "drenched" her and in about an hour she was acting normal!! Now, I know better than to celebrate too soon, but she literally could not stay upright an hour ago, and now she's pecking stuff off her brother's face!! Okay, mini celebration - but that's all. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom