Araucana Chick Naming! Pics!

Stacykins

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Escanaba, MI
So I need some help naming my araucana chicks! I have been waffling on names for a little while. I tend to enjoy "themes", which can be ANYTHING, from cities to pokemon, geography to geology. Yea, I love themes. Some of the sexes I am sure of, others not so much. I am also lost on some of the colors. Some of the colors are nonstandard for the breed, but they are ALL araucanas, their parents were tufted and rumpless examples of the breed, so they aren't EEs (WHEW, had to clear that up before I get a genetics lecture!). 10 out of 11 chicks from this hatch are pictured, the one who isn't pictured is a black, tufted chick of unknown sex.

Almost 100% certain this pretty black chick is a boy! Chick 1
1stDayCoopAraucanas006.jpg

Side view of same boy
1stDayCoopAraucanas004.jpg

This rusty chick is also a boy. What is this color called? This one has already crowed for me! Chick 2
1stDayCoopAraucanas014.jpg

Boy maybe, not sure Chick 3
1stDayCoopAraucanas022.jpg

Another mystery color to me! Chick 4
1stDayCoopAraucanas024.jpg

I am thinking "Fluffytuft" may actually be a lady now! I was thinking this chick was a boy. Time will tell. Chick 5
1stDayCoopAraucanas017.jpg

Definitely a little girl! She is the smallest of the bunch. Chick 6
1stDayCoopAraucanas038.jpg

What color is this girlie? Ginger? Chick 7
1stDayCoopAraucanas047.jpg

This one's sex and color is a mystery too, heh. Chick 8
1stDayCoopAraucanas049.jpg

This is definitely a splash boy and my favorite! He is so CHILL. As you can tell, he wasn't bothered in the least by picture time, and continued his nap! Chick 9
1stDayCoopAraucanas056.jpg

Little blue tufted girl looking quite fluffy. Chick 10
1stDayCoopAraucanas059.jpg

1. Captain Jack Sparrow
2. William Turner
3. Elizabeth Swan
4. Captain Barbossa
5. Mistress Ching
6. Giselle
7. Tia Dalma
8. Mr. Gibbs
9. Davy Jones
10. Scarlett

Hey Stacy, I am not great with names ( mine are all named after movie stars or egyptian kings, princess and princes) but birds 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6, I am pretty sure came out of the eggs you got from me. 1 and 5 would be out of my birchen and black pen. I have quite a few running around that look like that. 3 and 6 would be out of my white and barred pen, and # 5 is out of my ginger pen, he will be a blue brested red sort of. I have lots of each of those chicks so I totally recognized them, plus the body shape looks like what I get. I am super thrilled and totally jealous that you got so many tufts. Congrats. You rock at hatching.

Girl # 7 is a black breasted red pullet.

Lanae

What kind of personalities do they have? Describe each one with a word and I can find you a name to match!
smile.png

Ohh, Pirates of the Caribbean! That reminds me, I should probably see the 4th movie sometime! Arg naming is so hard, I am so bad at it *flails*

Quote:
I totally wish I'd labeled who came from you as they hatched! I think the blue tufted one is from you too, if I remember right. I should have put on leg bands as they popped out of the eggs! Thank you so much for selling hatching eggs, gives people like me a great chance to get started in a breed!

Back
Top Bottom