Araucana thread anyone?

What is IB?

My araucanas are also poor layers.  When they are laying I will get 5 or 6 eggs a week, and then they will just stop and take a break for months on end.  I've probably gotten a dozen or so eggs from each of them this year, and now no one is laying.

My new stock from a different line all ended up being cockerels, so I guess I'm out of luck getting some more layers.  There were two chicks that died - they were probably pullets.  :(

IB is Infectious Bronchitis...

My Araucana lay amazingly!    They go right through spring and summer and then take a break and start again in February   :)

Mine too! Best layers I have, hands down... but yours are head and shoulders above mine quality wise... :D ;)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site but wanted to introduce myself. We've just started raising chicks (Jersey Giants) but I'm hoping to add some araucanas to our flock. My son loves the look of the ear feather tufts and wants to show them for 4h next year. I asked this on another thread but I'll ask here too. Does anyone know where I can get some araucanas? I looked at some hatcheries but they don't seem to have any true aracaunas. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site but wanted to introduce myself. We've just started raising chicks (Jersey Giants) but I'm hoping to add some araucanas to our flock. My son loves the look of the ear feather tufts and wants to show them for 4h next year. I asked this on another thread but I'll ask here too. Does anyone know where I can get some araucanas? I looked at some hatcheries but they don't seem to have any true aracaunas. Thanks in advance!
Are you looking for eggs, chicks, or adult birds?

I'm looking for chicks or adult birds. Willing to pay premium prices if necessary. Will have them over night shipped if found.

PM me Michelle, about some chicks or even adults for 4-H. I have some double tufted chicks that have hatched this spring. I won't ship, but I live near Akron, Ohio. Zip code 44203

Last edited:

@granites2001 had some for sale, don't know if she has any left now or not... can ask her, she does ship as well...

We got our amazing black from her, awesome lines and amazing temperaments! :)

I'm looking for chicks or adult birds. Willing to pay premium prices if necessary. Will have them over night shipped if found.

Overnight shipping is the only way you can even ship any live animals but it's rare if they ever actually arrive overnight. I've had many shipped to me and shipped out myself and it averages 2 or 3 days, the longest was 4 days and I have never actually had any of them arrive the next day. The post office only guarantees 3 days so it's very important to ship when there are at least 3 days of good shipping weather on both ends

Overnight shipping is the only way you can even ship any live animals but it's rare if they ever actually arrive overnight. I've had many shipped to me and shipped out myself and it averages 2 or 3 days, the longest was 4 days and I have never actually had any of them arrive the next day. The post office only guarantees 3 days so it's very important to ship when there are at least 3 days of good shipping weather on both ends
With poultry day-old chicks can be mailed Priority Mail. All others are Priority Express Mail.

Back
Top Bottom