Araucana v Ameracauna

Nym

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2023
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Hi all, I'd love some ideas on what this breed is? They were sold to me back in September as 6wk-old Araucana chicks. many thanks! :hmm

1703455832979.png

They look like some sort of mix. Neither Araucanas or Ameraucanas have crests. This is what a pure bred lavender Ameraucana should look like
20230902_141523.jpg

They look like some sort of mix. Neither Araucanas or Ameraucanas have crests. This is what a pure bred lavender Ameraucana should look like View attachment 3711683
Thank you - yes, these are what I'm seeing when searching. The breeder did have a few other breeds going. Her ad is not listed at the moment so I can't check.

In Europe Araucanas are crested and bearded. I assume that is the case in Australia. I am not aware what is the Australian Standard of Perfection. Your birds have very nice color and are very similar in appearance, so they look well bred touard some goal (standard).

Thank you - yes, these are what I'm seeing when searching. The breeder did have a few other breeds going. Her ad is not listed at the moment so I can't check.
It's strange since I have seen lavender Ameraucanas with crests before. I'm assuming they are crossed with polish or something, but since I breed lavender Ameraucanas they don't look right to me

Back
Top Bottom