Are Cheetos organic?

Pics
For the record, I do not sell eggs, I give the extras away free to coworkers and neighbors, I also do not pretend that they are organic and the question about Cheetos was supposed to be funny. But I do wonder, considering how good my eggs are, if there is any real benefit to trying to stay organic (I probably never will, just wondering as a philosophical question)
I sell my eggs where I work. Most of the time I can't even keep any in the cooler because people snatch them up so fast. They eat anything too. From bugs while they are free ranging to leftover mac and cheese. May not be organic, but they are a heck of a lot better than what you can buy in a store! My birds are happy and healthy, too!

I sell my eggs where I work. Most of the time I can't even keep any in the cooler because people snatch them up so fast. They eat anything too. From bugs while they are free ranging to leftover mac and cheese. May not be organic, but they are a heck of a lot better than what you can buy in a store! My birds are happy and healthy, too!

Lol! Mine are nuts for leftover mac&cheese too. It is the only processed thing I allow and it is only given maybe 3-4 times a year.

So I thought I would throw this out for opinions. A coworker was talking about some eggs I gave her and saying she could tell by the taste that they were organic. But the fact is I do not think I can say that they are. To start with I always start my chicks on medicated feed (Purina) It may not be organic but I have always had healthy chicks and don't see a reason to change. I also feed Purina Layena Crumbles to my adult birds and I do not believe that it is organic feed either, but they lay nice big eggs with thick shells and great orange yolks. They also get table scraps including leftovers from fast food places, old pizza, and yes, Cheetos. My wife buy the big bags of crunchy Cheetos, and since I am doing keto, they don't all get eaten and, when the start to go stale I give them to the chickens. this is by far their favorite treat and they attack them immediately and with gusto. I have a friend who only feeds organic, the feed costs 5 times as much and he has to add oyster shell for extra calcium. His eggs are comparable but he often talks about how thin and fragile the shells are (sometimes puts his thumb through one as he picks it up). So what, if anything is the advantage of "organic" eggs and can I consider mine organic if the girls are eating Cheetos?:D

Such a philosophical question! I too was intrigued in general about what makes any meat or dairy product organic (like does organic steak mean the cow only ate Organic food?) and that is not the case. The USDA organic requirements for meat and dairy aren’t that stringent, so it is a really good thing to question why. For veg to me it makes lots of sense (especially root veg) where you can often taste the difference between veg grown with and without chemical insecticides/pesticides. I bet Cheetos could make an organic version quite easily 🤪🤪

Mine have a wide diet of, crackers, frogs, grass, bugs, pumpkins, dog poop, and much more

Back
Top Bottom