Are chickens pets or livestock??? The Great Debate!

Quote:
Seattle just passed a new ordinance this week, bumping up the limit from 3 to 8. It was part of a comprehensive "Urban Agriculture" ordinance. Congrats on the forward thinking, Seattle!
clap.gif

Quote:
As soon as you name an animal, you personify it and it has become a pet.

Ours are named
General Tso, Tandoori Kung Pao, Robot, and Soup. They're pets, but I'm not afraid to eat them.

B

Quote:
As soon as you name an animal, you personify it and it has become a pet.

Ours are named
General Tso, Tandoori Kung Pao, Robot, and Soup. They're pets, but I'm not afraid to eat them.

B

I second your definition. Though Some I have no interest in eating, others it is fine. (I do not want to eat my dear Snowbell...
sad.png
)
However my boys named one Chicken Noodle Soup..
wink.png

ON

Some of mine are pets and some are livestock. My Silkies and Polish are pets, my hatchery layers are livestock. Yes, I spend time with all of them, and they all have names, but in the end, when the layers have done their deed, they will go in the freezer.

Mine are 100% pets. None of them will ever go to freezer camp plus I only rehome the roos and extra hens to people who have the same opinion of their chickens that I do. I'm very picky about who adopts them.

Mine are only 3 weeks old but my children would freak out and I mean FREAK OUT if we ever talked about eating any of them. They named them all and the day we got them, my youngest daughter declared that she could no longer eat chicken. She decided she is an anti-chicken-atarian. A name given by my son. Of course, she loves chicken nuggets, so we'll see.

I haven't eaten chicken or beef or pork myself in 2 1/2 years. Anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom