Are d'uccles, old english game bantams, modern game bantams, and brahma bantams friendly?

Most birds need to be handled a lot when young to have them be friendly. My d'uccle have been curious birds and my couple of bantam Brahma have been aloof, but the d'uccle were handled more as chicks.

Old English Game have great temperaments but It's not uncommon to get a rooster that will go after the hand that feeds them:)

Fortunately, temperament is largely hereditary, so if you find a rooster is turning aggressive, all you need to do is avoid using him for breeding

Again, the Old English don't have the same mean streak as their standard counterparts, but it does happen once in a while (especially old, cranky roosters)

My old english game bantam ROOSTERS are my most friendly birds. Now, all my hens have been skittish little things but I adore the roosters. They even make great little house pets. I only have one D'uccle and it is flighty as heck. I've yet to have a modern, but I hear they're even more naturally tame than the OEGB, so they're next on my list. My brahma bantams are pretty naturally tame but not as much so as the OEGB.

Back
Top Bottom