are ee chicks not friendly?

We have two EEs in our Flock and thye are the nicest ones..They love to be held and will even lay in our laps on there backs. These are our first batch of chickens so I don't know we just got lucky I guess....Of course we do hold them everyday...
big_smile.png

Hi All. I Too Have 2 Ee Chicks, Today 1 Month Old One Is Very Friendly,jumps And Trys To Roost On My Arm,she Is Partridge Color Too. The Other Is Silvery White, She Is A Bratt! Every So Often She Too Jumps On My Arm.she Is Very Flighhty And More Aloof. Guess Its Her Personialty, My Other Ones Are, Buff Orptinton. My Fav. And A Barr Rock.also Nice Jim

All EE's are different, but out of my six, my three EE's are the calmest, friendliest, and my favorites (Those whiskers get me every time).
big_smile.png
I don't know if it's because of their personalities, or because I may have handled them more, but they're by far the most easy going.

I got rid of my easter eggers. They were some mean chicks and my New Hampshires were happy they weren't in the brooder anymore!

In fact of the 12 easter eggers I had, only a cockerel that had some beautiful feathering was the nicest. I got rid of him too because I have too many cockerels. I am waiting until my new hampshire cockerels gets older to see which I want to keep. I have one we call Peanut that I am keeping as long as he stays as friendly as he is. He is low on the pecking order for some reason. He used to be high in the pecking order.

I have 4 EE chicks and 4 sexlinks. They are all very friendly but the ees more so than the sexlinks. One egger chick in particular is very calm and sweet.

However, I used to have an Egger rooster and he was a mean little sucker.

Our one EE was a cuddler when she was in the brooder, but has turned into the independent teen now that's she's out in the run. She'll come to us, but on *her*terms. She's not mean, though.

I think that you will find that there are wild EE's and you will find tame EE's and it all depends on what they crossed to get that particular EE.

Easter Eggers that hatcheries sell are just a cross bread chicken that may or may not have the ability to lay a blue/green egg and there is no rime or reason for what breed they throw together other than to produce a chick that they can call a Easter Egger.

Chris

We have six that came from Privett that are now 1 year old. As chicks, none of them were friendly. As they aged, two became very nice. Of the other four, two golden ones are dominant, and the other two are standoffish.

They have very different personalities. Give them time, see what happens.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom