Are my runner and Cayuga male or female?

Hball

Chirping
Jun 1, 2022
Kentucky
Hello!
I bought three new ducks and was told they were all female. I know for sure my black and white runner is by her quack. I’m not great at voice sexing but to me the Indian runner and Cayuga sound more like my males. They just don’t have the drake feather which I know not all drakes do. I have two I know are female and 3 I know are male and was going to trade my mallard for a hen but if these two are males then I’m in trouble with 5 males and 2 females.

The honking females sounds are coming from the black and white runner. The Indian runner and Cayuga are doing the chattering raspy sounds.

Attachments

• 39CCC3AE-1AE5-4312-BA35-86887803F961.jpeg
    39CCC3AE-1AE5-4312-BA35-86887803F961.jpeg
    690.3 KB · Views: 65
  • D1D9C359-A6EA-4215-BAB7-2F99848B5031.jpeg
    D1D9C359-A6EA-4215-BAB7-2F99848B5031.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 26
Hello!
I bought three new ducks and was told they were all female. I know for sure my black and white runner is by her quack. I’m not great at voice sexing but to me the Indian runner and Cayuga sound more like my males. They just don’t have the drake feather which I know not all drakes do. I have two I know are female and 3 I know are male and was going to trade my mallard for a hen but if these two are males then I’m in trouble with 5 males and 2 females.

The honking females sounds are coming from the black and white runner. The Indian runner and Cayuga are doing the chattering raspy sounds.

My drakes all got the orange feet and greenish bill. They surely do sound and look like my drakes.

Lucky You!!!! I was really glad to hear that he was willing to do this. It was the right thing to do and he made it good so that is really great.
I’m still waiting for him to get some females. He said he would buy them back from me, but I’m needing more females because if he buys them back then it will leave me with 3 drakes and 2 females. I am trying to get at least 3 drakes traded.

Back
Top Bottom