Are Penedesencas nice birds?

I don't think it had anything to do with mental abilities or dissabilities of people. I think Oblio was only stating that the birds get along with certain temperments of people and not with others. Temperment and mental ability are two different things. The birds behavior agrees with some people and disagrees with others.

I am pretty confident Oblio was only trying to help, I thought Oblio gave sound advice, I don't see how you took it as a negative comment toward those of us with mental dissabilities.

Offensive comment you responded to removed - Mod.

Anyway, sorry for furthering the hijacking of this post.

-Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
My creles went berserk at the least thing and had the personality of a fish. The males were beautiful, and that was the only thing I liked about them.

Colt,
Do you ever hear from Frank or Glenda ?

I don't know how I missed that last post. Sorry Allen. I talk to Glenda fairly regularly. Not so much Frank. Did you manage to get any of their birds before Frank ummm... "liquidated" their breeding stock?

Yeah, I would have been desperately contacting people on here to find those birds homes. Even thinking about him turning 1500 birds loose to free-range just makes my blood absolutely boil.
somad.gif
Did you come out to pick up eggs/chicks/birds or did we ship them to you Carla?

I have some black Penedesencas and they sure are a flighty bird, they have calm down some with me, I dont just let anyone in or around my coops, but when a stranger comes around they will freck out. Mine lay pretty nice dark eggs all year long, but they are NOT the best of layers. The 1st pair I got, the hen layed so many double or triple yoke eggs, it took forever to get chicks from them. I have a small flock from the 1st pair now and they are laying pretty good, but Im having problems with them laying thin shelled eggs and brecking so many. They are not eating them, Im finding them broke in the nest. I would like to get some of the wheaton color. Thanks for letting me share............

Back
Top Bottom