Are pet monkeys legal in New England?

Phooey! Guess i'm not getting a monkey...
10638_tantrumsmiley.gif

Thanks for all the info guys!!!.. *sigh*
hit.gif

Sucks they are illegal here in Mass.. I was gonna just get one of the teeny tiny ones..(so they cant rip my limbs off..lol),... and i have a spare bedroom that i was going to turn into its "room"...
And i was gonna hug him and squeeze him and name him George..
gig.gif
(does anyone else get that corny joke
roll.png
)

If they wernt illegal here i would get one..., BUT i wont because i fear that i wont be able to get it vet care here in Mass, since they are illegal. And i just cant take that risk, having an animal that i cant safely take to a vet....
So... My plans are foiled yet again... uh.. i mean my friends plans are foiled...
I dont ever get nuttin' i want!
tongue.gif
**redhens going off to pout now**

Last edited:
in all reality...
ive seen the smaller monkeys do almost as much damage as some of the larger ones...

one of the worst bites ive ever seen was by a pygmy marmoset. (they are tiny tiny) he did enough damage to the face that the woman lost her eye, 1/2 he bottom lip and ended up with some very nasty scaring down the left side of her face form that little guy...

its true that the larger the monkey the more damage it can do over all (capuchins are well known to remove fingers and do alot of damage) and of course great apes can remove limbs...
but NEVER assume little monkey = not dangerous...

infact the little guys seem to be more randomly agressive, i think they have napoleon syndrome!

i do have to say though, despite all the bad...i have a huge soft spot for squirrel monkey there just too cute!
tongue.png

side note: widett! ive never had the plaeasure (or displeasure) of working with pygmy hippo (regular hippo terrify me, id rather work in a pit of rattlesnakes and cobra than work with a hippo lol) but the pygmies are soooooo adorable!

why is it that the more odly adorable the critter...the worse the poop!?

Last edited:
I am amazed by this thread. We must have some of the best monkeys in the world!

Between what I have and at my friends that we use in the zoos each summer, we have over 50 primates. NONE of our primates throw poop, playing in it, eat it or squirt it at people!

Monkeys are not for everyone! and they are not childern, so don't expect them to act like that! Altough we have monkeys that are better behaved than lots of spoiled bratty kids.

Monkeys can bite, so can dogs, horses and anything else with teeth.

randymonkey3.jpg

randymonkey1.jpg

I once visited Belize, a sort of travelers' compound in the middle of the jungle. The Howler Monkeys took great pleasure in peeing on guests strolling down the walking paths.

Back
Top Bottom